Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-23-2022, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
staff of battle > SCHW > 55 hp rings

then save everything else possible for a fungi if solo

if grouping, get a frostbringer and infestation for aggro
Infestation and FB is good enough to tank high end raids.

+1 to this

Warriors need to focus first and foremost on haste and weapons if they are shy on funds. Ratio first the man 2 good aggro proc weapons. I promise all else will follow with time if you keep playing.

For most classes small upgrades are meaningless but for warriors it’s a long hard road and every little upgrade means a lot.

But … at the low end weapon ratio and haste is god.
Medium to low high end it’s weapon ratio + dex and proc weapons and haste.
High end you have the procs and the haste so pump up the hp/ac/resists.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-25-2022, 05:11 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Trochilic%27s_Skean

Trochilic's Skean is a decent rotquest item for warriors.

While levelling in the Faydark area (so crushbone, mistmoore, etc) keep an eye on /who all 46 60 steamfont.

If you see a couple of high levels, especially if one is a druid you might be in luck!

Renux Herkanor is a reasonably often killed epic fight for rogues, and Trochilic's Skean drops every time. Send a tell to the high levels asking whether they are doing the Renux fight and whether you could come loot the weapon. It has a reasonable ratio for levels 13-45 and an excellent aggro proc 46+.

Similarly, if you see a bunch of high levels in Kithicor Forest ask them whether anyone has claimed https://wiki.project1999.com/Scimitar_of_the_Ykesha . This item isn't quite as good, but drops reasonably frequently there too (also for what is ostensibly a rogue epic fight). These weapons will get you by until you can get a Frostbringer and / or Infestation.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-25-2022, 09:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Trochilic%27s_Skean

Trochilic's Skean is a decent rotquest item for warriors.

While levelling in the Faydark area (so crushbone, mistmoore, etc) keep an eye on /who all 46 60 steamfont.

If you see a couple of high levels, especially if one is a druid you might be in luck!

Renux Herkanor is a reasonably often killed epic fight for rogues, and Trochilic's Skean drops every time. Send a tell to the high levels asking whether they are doing the Renux fight and whether you could come loot the weapon. It has a reasonable ratio for levels 13-45 and an excellent aggro proc 46+.

Similarly, if you see a bunch of high levels in Kithicor Forest ask them whether anyone has claimed https://wiki.project1999.com/Scimitar_of_the_Ykesha . This item isn't quite as good, but drops reasonably frequently there too (also for what is ostensibly a rogue epic fight). These weapons will get you by until you can get a Frostbringer and / or Infestation.
I used both of those weps pre velious lol. Dark elf yak wep + torq. Was great agro but omg my dps was awful then rofl
Old 08-25-2022, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Skean had a fantastic aggro proc despite poor ratio. It was a good choice until the change as the 1 poison counter (somewhere around 300 hate per counter) and spinstun aggro component stacked.

Now unfortunately it’s a flat 405 threat from effects plus DD.

Sadly, it like so many other weapons (VPs, infestation, WESS etc) are shadows of their former selves. Infestation used to be ~900 from poison counters alone … no longer. WESS was even more insane with ~1200 from poison counters + debuff + blind. Now it’s a flat 400.

These days you just look for any weapon that gets you to that 400 threat and then filter by weapon ratio to find your best option.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-25-2022, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

also while grouping root is a thing

haste > ratio > procs > hp/ac
Old 08-25-2022, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

I also think for warrior leveling, DPS is the best aggro. I’d prefer my 20-45 tank had a staff of battle rather than some low damage proc weapon. 45+ then you can get some aggro wepa
Old 08-25-2022, 10:51 PM
Sarnak

Staff of battle all day every day (leveling up). I still bust mine out on occasions at 59. Though my 1 handers are better dps and aggro at this point.
Old 08-26-2022, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Staff of battle all day every day (leveling up). I still bust mine out on occasions at 59. Though my 1 handers are better dps and aggro at this point.
About how much does a Staff of Battle cost?
Old 08-26-2022, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
About how much does a Staff of Battle cost?
like 200 plat its seriously the best bang-for-buck item in the game right there with SCHW (22% haste) for 300 plat

drops off sebilite protector in trak lair...so killed lots on trak pops and jugg farm groups

i gave all mine away already otherwise id just log in for the first time in months and hand you one
Last edited by Toxigen; 08-26-2022 at 01:49 PM..
Old 09-06-2022, 10:17 AM
Fire Giant

If your on green it's around 750-850pp, but still a best value item