Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-23-2022, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

This show is such a dumpster fire

Just fan fiction hiding behind a paper thin license
Old 09-23-2022, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This show is such a dumpster fire

Just fan fiction hiding behind a paper thin license
What did you make of what Finarfin said to Beor in episode 3? I think it has huge implications for the identity of The Stranger and the blonde elf we saw in last night's episode.
Old 09-24-2022, 04:42 AM
Banned

No-I-still-havent-seen-it-lets-just-move-past-that

People online were trashing on this swordfighting scene of Guyladriel the Barbarian

I don’t think it’s that bad, but I obviously don’t know the intricacies of sword fighting because I’m not a LARP’ing nerd. The recommendation to focus first on footwork seems smart

I mean, it’s no Rob Roy, Crouching Tiger/Fearless, or Troy but I’ve also definitely seen much worse sword fighting scenes in other stuff

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 09-24-2022, 06:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that was greaet!

I just watched the frist episode. I had goosbumps legit for the first 15 mins, the voice over part was so bad ass, and when they go to the wrath of the lich king expansion that was so awesome!!! Im loving this ninja elf ranger too

as far as

imo that was handled right in this show, vs game of thrones. Like game of thrones's new show is so heavy handed like that, while galadrial, is just a dope character.

imo it felt right

the racist hobbits though is totally racist.

that'd be like if they made the orcs american indian themed lol

"irish shounds poor to me, so lets do that"

"i think thats an old racist thing from over there"

"who cares this is america"

its like 1980s level hollywood obtuse that I miss with all the cancel culture.

Regarding this 'racism' thing that seems very popular on TV and internet; isn't it racist to tell somebody they're a different race because it's like telling them they're not human?
Old 09-24-2022, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

People online were trashing on this swordfighting scene of Guyladriel the Barbarian

I don’t think it’s that bad, but I obviously don’t know the intricacies of sword fighting because I’m not a LARP’ing nerd. The recommendation to focus first on footwork seems smart

I mean, it’s no Rob Roy, Crouching Tiger/Fearless, or Troy but I’ve also definitely seen much worse sword fighting scenes in other stuff

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Rob Roy: Good
Crouching Tiger: Fantasy
Troy: Fantasy

p/s: competition sword fighting is not LARP'ing, you are confusing that with cosplay, and comes from martial arts instead of comic books.

The Duelists: Good

Old 09-24-2022, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I mean, it’s no Rob Roy, Crouching Tiger/Fearless, or Troy but I’ve also definitely seen much worse sword fighting scenes in other...
That very first dodge she did looked goofy - what was that?

I'm on the same page, I don't know dick about sword fighting so it looked fine to me.

It would've been nice to see the female trainee be all cocky and get her ass kicked. If you're gonna have a female empowerment bent in your series, go all out. Have a piece of shit, sexist, etc etc type of woman in there. Show that women can also have flaws.

Incel out.
Old 09-24-2022, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rob Roy: Good
Crouching Tiger: Fantasy
Troy: Fantasy

p/s: competition sword fighting is not LARP'ing, you are confusing that with cosplay, and comes from martial arts instead of comic books.

The Duelists: Good
Oh shit that’s Harvey Keitel, good actor. Never seen that movie

Yea the Asian movies have lots of silly wire-floating but otherwise some of their fight choreography while definitely meant to be more flashy than functional, still can be quite entertaining to watch IMO
Old 09-24-2022, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That very first dodge she did looked goofy - what was that?

I'm on the same page, I don't know dick about sword fighting so it looked fine to me.

It would've been nice to see the female trainee be all cocky and get her ass kicked. If you're gonna have a female empowerment bent in your series, go all out. Have a piece of shit, sexist, etc etc type of woman in there. Show that women can also have flaws.

Incel out.
You're aware she has the shadow on her by refusing Valinor, yes?
Old 09-24-2022, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're aware she has the shadow on her by refusing Valinor, yes?
Can you translate to non-nerd?
Old 09-24-2022, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yea the Asian movies have lots of silly wire-floating but otherwise some of their fight choreography while definitely meant to be more flashy than functional, still can be quite entertaining to watch IMO
Cynthia Rothrock
1988 (don't ask me about newer shit)

edit: p/s Cynthia was the inspiration for Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat 1

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Mblake1981; 09-24-2022 at 12:35 PM..