Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow you're dumb.
I was dumb.

I was a strange mix of libertarian and neo-lib/neo-con.

A cringy Redditor type that loved Globalism.

I know, disgusting.
Old 09-25-2022, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was dumb.

I was a strange mix of libertarian and neo-lib/neo-con.

A cringy Redditor type that loved Globalism.

I know, disgusting.
*Dumb for thinking I wouldn't catch on. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2022, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*Dumb for thinking I wouldn't catch on. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You normally don't, which is why I talk down to you.

(That's called being condescending)
Old 09-25-2022, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You normally don't, which is why I talk down to you.

(That's called being condescending)
Old 09-25-2022, 10:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2022, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Like when people bemoan historic american slavery that doesn't even exist anymore, and then you go "What about all the slavery that still exists right now at this very moment? Shouldn't you be focusing your efforts on stopping that first??" and they go "That's whataboutism!!!". It's like, no, it's not, I just used the words "what about" so your dumb lizard brain went straight to the first buzzword that came to mind.
The Left doesn’t try hard (I won’t say doesn’t try “at all” to give them a tiny bit of credit) to fix issues outside the USA

I knew they wouldn’t do anything about the Chinese labor camps with forced sterilizations for Muslims because they already don’t do anything about Chinese pollution levels even though they are pro-environment and we all share the same planet

They won’t do anything about people being enslaved in places like Libya, or anti-lgbt stuff happening in Arab countries

Of course, they could finger-point and say “The GOP doesn’t do anything either!”. But this goes back to the identity of the parties. The GOP are nationalists, the Left are globalists

But really, what can they do? Other than whining, maybe sanctions? I don’t even see much whining from the left about these things though tbh

I guess this is an argument both for and against globalism. It looks like globalism hasn’t solved many world issues, but the counter argument can be we’re just haven’t converted enough other countries to our very specific worldview and once we can get the New World Order…then, utopia
Old 09-25-2022, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or anti-lgbt stuff happening in Arab countries
You want the US taxpayer to fund our Government getting involved in a Religious issue in a country that doesn't have a constitution, nor would they ever, in a matter concerning the separation of Mosque & State?

"American exceptionalism is a myth."

edit: i mean, when all the pale people start jocking your style it does become a bit watered down.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 09-25-2022 at 12:23 PM..
Old 09-25-2022, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Left doesn’t try hard (I won’t say doesn’t try “at all” to give them a tiny bit of credit) to fix issues outside the USA
It's because they don't have consistent values.

The only thing that matters is power.

That's why you always hear Conservatives calling the Left "hypocrites".

Because to Conservatives, being a hypocrite is one of the worst things you could be because that means you're abandoning your values and losing sight of what you should be fighting for.

To Leftists, it doesn't matter. They don't have the need to stay true to their beliefs. Does the behavior get you more power? Then it's good.

The ends justify the means. The Left is completely comfortable living in that space. The Right isn't.

Which is why I always say it's a waste of time to call a Leftist a hypocrite.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You want the US taxpayer to fund our Government getting involved in a Religious issue in a country that doesn't have a constitution, nor would they ever, in a matter concerning the separation of Mosque & State?

"American exceptionalism is a myth."

edit: i mean, when all the pale people start jocking your style it does become a bit watered down.
I don’t “want” anything. I’m very “America First”, and don’t really care much about these other shitholes in the world

I’m saying The Left is very pro-LGBT, but there are places that are very anti-LGBT that we still tolerate, even continue to do business with on some level, without a lot of fuss. Same goes for all the ills China does, etc

And that’s fine. But it runs contrary to their ideologies and idea of a global coalition
Old 09-25-2022, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don’t “want” anything. I’m very “America First”, and don’t really care much about these other shitholes in the world

I’m saying The Left is very pro-LGBT, but there are places that are very anti-LGBT that we still tolerate, even continue to do business with on some level, without a lot of fuss. Same goes for all the ills China does, etc

And that’s fine. But it runs contrary to their ideologies and idea of a global coalition
Damn, these shoes don't fit but I am not walking through the mud with bare feet.