Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 09-24-2022, 11:48 AM
Large Bat

Default New Monk Haste Item vs Ac Armor Purchase

Hello I'm new on P99 and had a question about how I should spend my savings.
I already saved up and bought a wu's quivering staff from EC.

Now I'm wondering should I continue saving up for Silver Chitin Hand Wraps (haste) or buy multiple pieces of high AC armor? I think the Haste would be more beneficial and enable me to accumulate coin faster. But the additional AC would make life easier too.
Currently I'm in Curscale armor.

So i'm unsure if I should take what I have saved up and buy AC armor or keep saving up for the haste item?
Old 09-24-2022, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Haste, 100%. It is the single most important stat...and SCHW is the best bang-for-your-buck possible.

Have fun!
Old 09-24-2022, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Replace the visible pieces of curscale armor (except chest) with bristle silk (available from the merchant that gives the curscale armor quest). You'll get way more group invites cos of optics.

Silver Chitin Hand Wraps, a Wu's Quivering Staff and a couple of decent fire wedding rings will get you to 30 easy.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 09-24-2022, 04:14 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haste, 100%. It is the single most important stat...and SCHW is the best bang-for-your-buck possible.

Have fun!
Good to know, thank you for the reassurance and info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Replace the visible pieces of curscale armor (except chest) with bristle silk (available from the merchant that gives the curscale armor quest). You'll get way more group invites cos of optics.

Silver Chitin Hand Wraps, a Wu's Quivering Staff and a couple of decent fire wedding rings will get you to 30 easy.
Oh, I didn't know about the bristle silk. I'll do this right away, visually my character was a bit lacking.
I'll look into the fire wedding rings thanks for that info!
Old 09-24-2022, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good to know, thank you for the reassurance and info!

Oh, I didn't know about the bristle silk. I'll do this right away, visually my character was a bit lacking.
It isn't really any better stats than curscale, it just has a high end texture for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll look into the fire wedding rings thanks for that info!
they come in several flavours - silver, gold, platinum and velium. You really want at least platinum, but gold are perfectly fine on a strict budget (more difficult to resell though).

Old 09-28-2022, 10:24 AM
Fire Giant

Wu's Quivering Staff is also a fantastic, low-cost Monk 2hb item. Works REALLY well with SCHW haste. 23/28 before haste, 23/23 dmg delay after haste. Have seen monks use this well into the 50s until epic upgrade.
Old 10-01-2022, 03:56 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is the haste on those Silver Chitin Hand Wraps clickable or does it require the item to be worn? I am a bumbling newly returned monk level 90 with decent weapons.

Daesean
Old 10-01-2022, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Schw is worn haste. There aren’t many clickies.