Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im sorry friend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hehe I just love the karanas more than life its self and solb is my favorite dungeon zone.

to be fair I understand why none likes the karanas becuse those zones are entirely for RP

and I used to hate solb, until I learned how to solo giants and duo rage fire.. its like this awesome zone that ranges from level 35-grouping to level 60 endgame!

you can level from 35-60 without even leaving solb once!

thats just too cool

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2016, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to be fair I understand why none likes the karanas becuse those zones are entirely for RP
The plains are full of things to do. In South Karana you have the Aviak town, the Gnolls around Splitpaw, Quillmane, and all the space in the world for folks to kite to their heart's content in relative safety. East Karana features Evil Eyes, Gnolls and Undead Reavers, and spiders that drop loads of modestly valuable spider silk. In North Karana you have good mid-teens willowisp hunting for that side of the continent, as well as beetles. In more middle levels you graduate to Griffons. Even in West there are the various bandit camps, the Ogre camp, scarecrows, and undead. Three of the four zones have Hill Giants for folks who like hunting those, three of the four have guards available, and all four have merchants to sell to. I like that region just fine. However, this is P1999 and some people hate it because they can make a couple per cent more experience per hour somewhere else.

-------------------------------------------

As for zones I dislike, I particularly dislike Plane of Sky. It's barren and ugly. It's full of irritating quests, irritating monsters, and irritating mechanics (hello, losing keys if you zone out).

Danth
Old 02-23-2016, 05:51 PM
Sarnak

Dagnor's, easily.

I'm pretty sure it's a lot more brutal here than it was back in the day. I don't remember ever seeing the Fab 4 overrun by mobs on Live; on P99 I have tried to train Tidal Lords or Dwigus to them on multiple occasions, only to find they are already dead.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The plains are full of things to do. In South Karana you have the Aviak town, the Gnolls around Splitpaw, Quillmane, and all the space in the world for folks to kite to their heart's content in relative safety. East Karana features Evil Eyes, Gnolls and Undead Reavers, and spiders that drop loads of modestly valuable spider silk. In North Karana you have good mid-teens willowisp hunting for that side of the continent, as well as beetles. In more middle levels you graduate to Griffons. Even in West there are the various bandit camps, the Ogre camp, scarecrows, and undead. Three of the four zones have Hill Giants for folks who like hunting those, three of the four have guards available, and all four have merchants to sell to. I like that region just fine. However, this is P1999 and some people hate it because they can make a couple per cent more experience per hour somewhere else.

Danth
Old 02-23-2016, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
um, noone has mentioned The Karanas.
Among the best zones in the old world game, prolly why no one mentioned them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of good camps, good loot, crafting resources, player interaction, tons of named mobs, big huge zones. Too much rain though :P I've seen it rain 6hrs in NK before [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my sig is from the Karanas.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Warslisks woods.

Whoever made the decision to put in Kunark tree animations should be blacklisted from the gaming industry.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this img is beautiful.
pras tserrina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Among the best zones in the old world game, prolly why no one mentioned them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of good camps, good loot, crafting resources, player interaction, tons of named mobs, big huge zones. Too much rain though :P I've seen it rain 6hrs in NK before [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my sig is from the Karanas.
i REALLY hated running through them. i don't really play classes with movement speed spells so they were just a massive pain in the ass.
but yes there are some good loots (WK ogres, Paw, Jeweled Skull quest + all the shit that comes out of NK for mid teens-twenties+ EK spiders)

i also really detest most open world kunark zones for being super massive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Last edited by Kevynne; 02-23-2016 at 06:47 PM..
Old 02-23-2016, 08:42 PM
Sarnak

Kerra isle for me. Thought to myself it's been 16 years and I've never lvl'd there. So long pointless trip there just for every mob to be an undercon wizard.. Zone can piss off
Old 02-23-2016, 08:56 PM
Orc

Veksar and plane of underfoot due to them not being released in classic era
Old 02-23-2016, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiggo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kerra isle for me. Thought to myself it's been 16 years and I've never lvl'd there. So long pointless trip there just for every mob to be an undercon wizard.. Zone can piss off
nothing in kerra is a wizard.... lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Closed Thread