Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-04-2022, 03:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unroot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the problem with this framing is that you don't get to go into the dragons lair and kill it unless you are the guild doing the leapfrogging or the dragon is uncontested

i dont understand why this leapfrogging thing is a problem... competition is gonna jump infront of you if they have a chance... i never understood how people complain about this then say why is there no competition, you literally have to do it..
Old 05-04-2022, 08:29 AM
Banned

Guilds need to die and be reborn otherwise the community stagnates..

Like bacterial mats are a good foundation for an ecosystem..they aren't a vibrant forest tho..

Bacterial mats from horizon to horizon is what you're getting right now under the current rules with sorta pretty much immortal guilds.
Old 05-04-2022, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

The majority of the community doesn't raid. Server would probably be healthier if they just stopped spawning raid bosses altogether.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The majority of the community doesn't raid. Server would probably be healthier if they just stopped spawning raid bosses altogether.
I would pay money to watch the meltdown if this became reality. The entertainment value would be insane.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:18 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you are banned

like 6 times

seek help

also

u mad

keep replying (lol) because u big mad
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-04-2022, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would pay money to watch the meltdown if this became reality. The entertainment value would be insane.
Replace raid bosses with baker n tradeskill quests that reward classic dungeon gear stats. That require factioning and randomized scavenger hunts for mats. Make everything tradeable. Add in plat sinks and raise the cost of food n stuff... like bandages and potions and pumice. Make bandages heal 5x hp tho.

Would be a much better game.
Old 05-05-2022, 02:42 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewkeng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont understand why this leapfrogging thing is a problem... competition is gonna jump infront of you if they have a chance... i never understood how people complain about this then say why is there no competition, you literally have to do it..
Its mainly because one guild spends two hours clearing while the "leapfrogger" afk's and then jumps in to kill the named at the end without doing any work. I get that white people don't get the issue with this as it is how America was built, but the bottom 90% are not smart enough to rise up against the top 10%. but sitting on your ass waiting for other people to do the work and then leapfrogging them and getting the rewards, isnt really competition. its just capitalism. Its like the warm body's just want to log in and loot dragons corpses at the zone in while 2 people do all the work and pull the mob to the zone in, and call it competition.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

We don't even need a fancy new solution. Simply going back to '16 rules with unrooted dragons and NToV FTE races would breathe life into the game by bringing people back, disbanding Vanq and Riot overnight, and giving people something interesting to do. NToV races were a blast. Not only that, you didn't need zerg meta because you didn't have to insta-engage. You could take an hour for people to log in, and if you fucked up the pull or wiped, you conceded.

Some of my best memories of this game are sitting on the line grouped with people like Fingerz, Henrique, Franswa, Brutillus, Diamondfist, Kelzaraz, Choochu, etc. and bullshitting in group chat until something spawned, then the races themselves took coordination. Hell, early in the AM things would drop down to rogue only races. If there was only a few of us on the line I'd swap to my rogue and we'd sneak up for FTE trying to juke each other into flurry drakes and shit. It was great.

And if anyone thinks this ruleset won't kill zerg meta - I have one word for you. Rustle. Thanks to having a lot of returning playmakers from IB/TMO/Rampage, and Getsome/Snacks leading,

People would ditch R/V to make a small guild of reliable playmakers in an instant, because the old ruleset incentivized it.

The game is dying and it's a shame because it doesn't have to.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if anyone thinks this ruleset won't kill zerg meta - I have one word for you. Rustle. Thanks to having a lot of returning playmakers from IB/TMO/Rampage, and Getsome/Snacks leading,.
oops, I forgot to sentence.

...and Getsome/Snacks leading, Rustle was able to get probably even more loot per member than any other guild at their peak. The biggest downside to zerg meta is competing against 200 people in DKP, most of whom have never killed these mobs with less than 80 people, so their purpose as coverage warmbodies becomes irrelevant overnight.