Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 06-27-2022, 12:36 AM
Large Bat

Default Question about Tracking

Does anyone know if you can track players if they are invis?
Old 06-27-2022, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruulPonza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone know if you can track players if they are invis?
I just tested with my ranger against a druid in Highpass - they were visible on track before and after, and yes I refreshed track in-between.

Not sure if it's dependent on skill - ranger is only level 22 though so track isn't that skilled.

-Mcoy
Old 06-27-2022, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just tested with my ranger against a druid in Highpass - they were visible on track before and after, and yes I refreshed track in-between.

Not sure if it's dependent on skill - ranger is only level 22 though so track isn't that skilled.

-Mcoy
I could be wrong, but I believe the tracking skill only increases the range of your tracking as it improves. It doesn't change what you can or can't track.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could be wrong, but I believe the tracking skill only increases the range of your tracking as it improves. It doesn't change what you can or can't track.
Think of each point as a yard (radius)

For example: Druids are stuck at 20 skill in Classic era. You can see mobs farther than you can track them.
Old 08-24-2022, 11:27 PM
Large Rat

I could be mistaken, but I think that when your tracking talent develops, the area you can track only gets larger. What you can or cannot track is unaffected.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

I remember forever ago on Sullon Zek pvp server I was playing a lower level dark elf warrior. Went to greater faydark for some low level pvp. Was getting my ass kicked by a low level ranger. I stopped attack, hit hide, and didn’t move.

The Ranger knew I was still there … tracking me. Kept running around but always came back to where I was standing hidden.

Yes … you can track invisible people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2