Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it might be fun to see how people manipulate DPS races to try and secure victory, but ultimately that sounds like a trash way to raid which would be unfun for everyone.
There would still be intra guild politics and allegiances, deals, etc. For example main guild A offers dkp and partial rolls or priority to alts for guild b for assisting on kills, learning strats is ez for newbies, and everyone can participate.

It would just reduce the number of petitions for the staff.
Old 07-07-2021, 05:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would just reduce the number of petitions for the staff.
Where have I heard that before
Old 07-07-2021, 05:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too bad ST's loot system doesn't work that way. How are you this mad and this wrong at the same time?
I'm someone with many friends in ST, and I can confirm that they simply cannot muster up a suitable raid force on Saturdays and that is the reason why the GMs have stuck to releasing content on Fridays throughout the Green server. It would be nice for there to be some dragons alive on a Saturday so everyone else could finally get a shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
You are #1 most toxic.
Old 07-07-2021, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet51 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm someone with many friends in ST, and I can confirm that they simply cannot muster up a suitable raid force on Saturdays and that is the reason why the GMs have stuck to releasing content on Fridays throughout the Green server. It would be nice for there to be some dragons alive on a Saturday so everyone else could finally get a shot.
“Hey everyone I swear I heard this from someone who knows someone who knows this is true”

Sure buddy whatever you say lol
Old 07-07-2021, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it might be fun to see how people manipulate DPS races to try and secure victory, but ultimately that sounds like a trash way to raid which would be unfun for everyone.
So letting Detoxx fully gear his level 46 alt army is more fun for the server?
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 07-08-2021, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

People play this game expecting the rewards of a modern MMO with instancing.

We're all stuck in one of three instances. They are all dominated by a guild for the most part.

If you want to get raid loot, join the zerg, quit your job, get out a batphone, put in the time, and profit.

Or, lower your standards and grab some velious quest armor on Blue.

This problem will never be solved. Classic Everquest is peak Darwin/Capitalism. The most dedicated fighters win it all and keep winning and their 4th alt has better gear than you ever will.

PVP is the answer, which is essentially what rule lawyering is without all the fun of pvp. It's driving your competition to quit because of how tedious and devious you can be with 100 page Google docs like you're at the fucking supreme court.

I think creative solutions exist and a custom P99 server with them would be super fun, but I think the staff has had all the passion driven out of them by the demands of the server apex predators rule lawyering to get their guild that extra one item a week, edge out their competition, and cruit their way to the top.

So game over, move on, play something else, or get on that Elder Dragon server with instanced raids and see if that gives you what you want.
Old 07-08-2021, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will absolutely let the door hit me on the way out, fuck you too.
*raises glass*

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-08-2021, 01:53 PM
Banned

Most dedicated fighter or most dedicated autonomous drone?
Old 07-08-2021, 06:35 PM
Banned

Unroot the dragons. Let guilds train eachother, stall pulls, kite just don't answer petitions. That sounds good to me
Old 07-08-2021, 07:42 PM
Sarnak

OP maybe you should consider the Firiona Vie Project or another server like that.
Turboshok - Firiona Vie Project - retired
Turbosilk/Dangeres/Turboshock - Green - Retired
Dangeres/Turbosilk - Blue - Retired
Turbosilk - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Wizard - retired
Dangeres - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Shaman - retired
Closed Thread