Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 11:31 AM
Large Rat

Actually, I don't think it's a fallacy since everything we do can be easily relocated to the internet, and many people work or study on the computer. Nowadays, it's even possible to find a job online, and people don't need to look for the offers on the streets anymore or ask their friends about any vacancies.
Old 08-23-2021, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

bot
Old 08-23-2021, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

Everyday that goes by as a poor man- I realize we slowly are turning into one of those strange dystopian futures you always see in movies man.. You can watch any of these movie recaps and assume we are headed down one of these paths as mankind.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...GLYC77Q/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5N...r1UxMNA/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEm...zFWJ_xA/videos

I know ya'll afraid of links.. But whatever. This dude does movie recaps.. Not sure why he has multiple youtube channels.. But who cares. If you spend 2 hours of your life on public transportation everyday like me, then you might find some joy in these [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Also, they all scifi i think.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reply, Don't reply. It doesn't matter.
You're caught in the web, struggle if you want. It doesn't matter.

Take stock in real life. Your health, family and community.
This gaming forum is known as an “online community”

So would a Jared Leto fan club forum. Or a kayak enthusiasts forum. Those are online communities too

Are they as important as the community you live in? In my opinion hell no. And our detachment from RL friendships definitely is a major problem in this modern age. Although I always say hi to and have short conversations with my RL neighbors too when I see them

Are these online communities more important than social media ones? Depends. I think if we are talking about your actual family scattered across the country on Facebook, that’s an online community that SHOULD matter more than your gaming forum community or your Austrian Shepherd dog lover community. But even then, what if your family is a bunch of dicks to you? Mine’s not, but some people’s are

For some people a gaming forum and their gaming friends are the only community they have left
Old 08-23-2021, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyday that goes by as a poor man- I realize we slowly are turning into one of those strange dystopian futures you always see in movies man.. You can watch any of these movie recaps and assume we are headed down one of these paths as mankind.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...GLYC77Q/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5N...r1UxMNA/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEm...zFWJ_xA/videos

I know ya'll afraid of links.. But whatever. This dude does movie recaps.. Not sure why he has multiple YouTube channels.. But who cares. If you spend 2 hours of your life on public transportation everyday like me, then you might find some joy in these [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Also, they all scifi i think.
Im a big fan of horror sci fi. Like, I am relentlessly addicted to it. If it's about real life I am so bored but if it's about the exact same thing but has some AI taking over in the background Im hooked.

Last night I put on this documentary about Roger Ares and I'm like, man i could care less about this stuff... except... that real life today is basically science fiction. The doc is just full of educated people saying this is the end of our democracy.

Like I feel like we're in one of those netflix series that is like, totally normal, but like, weird shit happens and so it vibes like any minuet a portal could open up or aliens could show up.

Everything has this like, horror sci fi twist to nowadays.... Like any episode of black mirror isnt just some like funny joke, we're here.

The news talks about aliens, the next president's voters all talk about the rapture, scientists say that the end is irreversible, rumors of wars every day, the sky's all over the world are red the cities are flooded and we're in a pandemic.

It's fuckin lit on this planet.

It's both awesome, creepy and hopefully all leading to an awesome ending I would say is my favorite movie.

plz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-23-2021 at 02:36 PM..
Old 08-23-2021, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im a big fan of science fiction. Like, I am relentlessly addicted to it. If it's about real life I am so bored but if it's about the exact same thing but in a fake future Im hooked.

I put on this documentary about roger ares and im like, Man i could care less about this shit... except... that real life today is basically science fiction.

Like I feel like we're in one of those netflix sereies that is like, totally normal, but like, weird shit happens and so it vibes like any minuet a portal could open up or aliens could show up.

Like everything has this like, sci fi twist to nowadays.... Like any episode of black mirror isnt just some like funny joke, we're here.

It's both awesome, creepy and hopefully all leading to an awesome ending I would say is my favorite movie.
What you're suggesting is.... StrongNpretty should watch this?!?!! Yes?!
Old 08-23-2021, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Haha everyone should watch train to busan its great!
Old 08-23-2021, 03:17 PM
Banned

none of baler's opinions matter

hope this helps
Closed Thread