Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is just a lot of cool shit all around us. Everywhere. I have a lot of questions in this universe man. Most of which nobody can answer. Yet.....

Why the adult thing in 2021 is to talk about your low mortgage, or your president of choice is beyond me man..

How the fuck do you get off work, walk out of that office after 10 hours, look up at that big'ol universe above you and think- You know what, I wonder if my friends/family want to talk about politics/mortgages with me today...

Sometimes i think i'm happy to be poor.
Old 08-23-2021, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep your views to yourself man. Not sure what happened in this world or when everybody started to speak so openly, but it's gross..

I dont want to talk any of this shit with anybody. Politics, housing market, finances, religion.. I find it sad that these topics consume about 90% of your lives.. Wouldn't you rather discuss time travel, or chinese pugs, or cars, or arm wrestling, or 240sx's, or bob's burgers latest episode.. Or just anything other than topics that start arguments and debates? It's crazy.. So many awesome things in this universe.. But let's argue about shit with other people who will never waver.

I get why off topic exists, we dont always need to discuss everquest, but damn does the alternative always need to be politics/religion? Seriously, keep your views to yourself!!!! Really wish some of you woulda listened to your elders a little more. Insane lack of respect.
I don’t generally make new threads on this section. But I’ll force my way into any conversation on just about any topic. They just happen to recently most often be politics

If you want to make a new thread about any of those I’ll probably chime in. Except on pugs or bob’s burgers or 240sx’s, since I have next to no knowledge of these things
Old 08-23-2021, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
There is just a lot of cool shit all around us. Everywhere. I have a lot of questions in this universe man. Most of which nobody can answer. Yet.....

Why the adult thing in 2021 is to talk about your low mortgage, or your president of choice is beyond me man..

How the fuck do you get off work, walk out of that office after 10 hours, look up at that big'ol universe above you and think- You know what, I wonder if my friends/family want to talk about politics/mortgages with me today...

Sometimes i think i'm happy to be poor.
To be fair online really is the only safe place to talk about politics. Dunno if you work or not, but most workplaces discourage or outright forbid discussions of politics. Just about any public business does too, if you are a customer in there. Why? Because it can start drama and sometimes an actual fight. So that leaves political rallies and anonymous keyboard warrior’ing

I used to prefer to discuss politics on Reddit, but of course I was eventually banned from there for belonging to the wrong party. And that’s generally the problem with even online discussion environments, the larger political party will try to bully, usually through reports to moderators and downvotes, the other party off the platform
Old 08-23-2021, 01:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t generally make new threads on this section. But I’ll force my way into any conversation on just about any topic. They just happen to recently most often be politics

If you want to make a new thread about any of those I’ll probably chime in. Except on pugs or bob’s burgers or 240sx’s, since I have next to no knowledge of these things
Hahaha you got it man!!! I'm create a new thread.. We'll call it, "The Happy Place".

Also Blake- You know Mariano still skates? A few years ago he almost got himself skate of the year!?! That's crazy!!!!
Old 08-23-2021, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

The guys who RB swap their 280z's

240sx is drifting I think. It was a cool idea for mountain racing but I don't care much for automotive figure skating.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair online really is the only safe place to talk about politics. Dunno if you work or not, but most workplaces discourage or outright forbid discussions of politics. Just about any public business does too, if you are a customer in there. Why? Because it can start drama and sometimes an actual fight. So that leaves political rallies and anonymous keyboard warrior’ing

I used to prefer to discuss politics on Reddit, but of course I was eventually banned from there for belonging to the wrong party. And that’s generally the problem with even online discussion environments, the larger political party will try to bully, usually through reports to moderators and downvotes, the other party off the platform
I respect you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You explanation has a certain vibe and honesty to it. I can dig it.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I respect you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You explanation has a certain vibe and honesty to it. I can dig it.
Of course you respect the guy who posts a dozen boomer Facebook memes whenever anyone dares to criticize a Republican.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
TY sir, likewise
Old 08-23-2021, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Also Blake- You know Mariano still skates? A few years ago he almost got himself skate of the year!?! That's crazy!!!!
It is.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Keep your views to yourself man. Not sure what happened in this world or when everybody started to speak so openly, but it's gross..

I dont want to talk any of this shit with anybody. Politics, housing market, finances, religion.. I find it sad that these topics consume about 90% of your lives.. Wouldn't you rather discuss time travel, or chinese pugs, or cars, or arm wrestling, or 240sx's, or bob's burgers latest episode.. Or just anything other than topics that start arguments and debates? It's crazy.. So many awesome things in this universe.. But let's argue about shit with other people who will never waver.

I get why off topic exists, we dont always need to discuss everquest, but damn does the alternative always need to be politics/religion? Seriously, keep your views to yourself!!!! Really wish some of you woulda listened to your elders a little more. Insane lack of respect.
Awesome poast.

"Hold fast to that golden thread, for it is our saving Grace. And Fear not, for we possess the assistance of Courageous Pride, and Humble Crook alike

Through Steadfast Hope, we then find, Her Persevering Spirit,
releasing Shame, through Heart and Pain, with Bittersweet Joy take aim; striking True, indeed, for two, For shots missed mark in afterdark, where blind so we can see..

Rather odd, For a time, that matters, is just a matter of time. Until we hear that hearkening Hallowed Voice which calls us to our newly re-created home?

If you, like me, believe, Truth is greater than Gold, then you may see, in powers three, one-fifty-eight is Worth, your Waight, but tarry not, for Time grows wrot; Eat not Death, but Life instead,
in land of Milk and Honey,
for all will be revealed.

Machanayim."
Last edited by Gwaihir; 08-23-2021 at 01:32 PM..
Closed Thread