Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Hannah Gadsby criticizes Netflix over Dave Chappelle special: “Fuck your amoral algorithm cult”

“Hey Ted Sarandos! Just a quick note to let you know that I would prefer if you didn’t drag my name into your mess,” Gadsby shot back on Instagram late Thursday night.

“Now I have to deal with even more of the hate and anger that Dave Chappelle’s fans like to unleash on me every time Dave gets 20 million dollars to process his emotionally stunted partial world view. You didn’t pay me nearly enough to deal with the real world consequences of the hate speech dog whistling you refuse to acknowledge, Ted,” the Australian comedian continued.
Old 10-15-2021, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hannah Gadsby criticizes Netflix over Dave Chappelle special: “Fuck your amoral algorithm cult”

“Hey Ted Sarandos! Just a quick note to let you know that I would prefer if you didn’t drag my name into your mess,” Gadsby shot back on Instagram late Thursday night.

“Now I have to deal with even more of the hate and anger that Dave Chappelle’s fans like to unleash on me every time Dave gets 20 million dollars to process his emotionally stunted partial world view. You didn’t pay me nearly enough to deal with the real world consequences of the hate speech dog whistling you refuse to acknowledge, Ted,” the Australian comedian continued.
Never heard of him
Old 10-15-2021, 05:30 PM
Banned

Dave Chappelle made light hearted jokes about trans people, because he is including them in the comedy game just like everyone else. Many trans people appreciate that, because they are not monolithic, just like any other group. The fact that some were offended (who I guarantee didn't watch the whole special) does not automatically mean Dave Chappelle Bad.

Hate speech is a nebulous, ill-defined term on purpose, that means different things to different people. It needs to go away.

If you're offended by jokes you're a whiney baby living in an incredibly privileged society. Go try living in afghanistan right now. I think you'll long for the days of the naughty jokes. Get some perspective, it's healthy. You are not entitled to never being offended.
Old 10-15-2021, 05:31 PM
Fire Giant

I told you it was a one gigantic cult. They own Viacom. Which owns everything else. They don't own project1999.com/forums though.

George Carlin said the whole thing is one big party for the super rich and powerful, and you ain't invited.
Last edited by Knowledge; 10-15-2021 at 05:35 PM..
Old 10-15-2021, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dave Chappelle made light hearted jokes about trans people, because he is including them in the comedy game just like everyone else. Many trans people appreciate that, because they are not monolithic, just like any other group. The fact that some were offended (who I guarantee didn't watch the whole special) does not automatically mean Dave Chappelle Bad.

Hate speech is a nebulous, ill-defined term on purpose, that means different things to different people. It needs to go away.

If you're offended by jokes you're a whiney baby living in an incredibly privileged society. Go try living in afghanistan right now. I think you'll long for the days of the naughty jokes. Get some perspective, it's healthy. You are not entitled to never being offended.
Am I allowed to be offended that Chappelle has just been making the same tired joke over and over for the better part of a decade because it riles people up and gets clicks, or will that upset the conservative hivemind?
Old 10-15-2021, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I told you it was a one gigantic cult. They own Viacom. Which owns everything else. They don't own project1999.com/forums though.

George Carlin said the whole thing is one big party for the super rich and powerful, and you ain't invited.
Old 10-15-2021, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I allowed to be offended that Chappelle has just been making the same tired joke over and over for the better part of a decade because it riles people up and gets clicks, or will that upset the conservative hivemind?
Of course you are! It's a free country!

However trying to get him cancelled and take food out of his children's mouths is sadistic and wrong, which is a point he has made many times. It's the principle of it. He's rich and famous and successful, he'll be fine. But other, poorer, lesser known people won't be fine if somebody gets offended at a joke they made at the water cooler.

And, try actually watching the special. It is very heartfelt and pro-trans, especially the end. Just because you make a joke about something, doesn't mean you hate that thing. I make jokes about my brother all the time, I love my brother. It's not complicated.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Mesocyclone gets banned and blatantly keeps posting, but I got a year for harassing Nirgon. Cancel culture is real.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:05 PM
Banned

But Biden’s standing with Americans has plummeted, with his average approval rating plunging by nearly 15 points since late June. He's seen a drop among Democrats and even more with Republicans, but the decline has been particularly steep among independent voters. In the same time period, the president has scrambled to salvage his domestic initiatives amid infighting among Democrats over their size and sequencing. He has presided over a chaotic and deadly withdrawal from Afghanistan and faced criticism for his response to the inhumane treatment of Haitian migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border

But it’s the pandemic that looms over it all, making it all the more difficult for the White House to turn back the slide”

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/20...andemic-515764
Old 10-15-2021, 06:06 PM
Banned

Let’s Go Brandon?
Closed Thread