Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2021, 05:02 PM
Banned

Are you out of your mind? His entire point was that you can seemingly joke about anybody, except trans people. And he's completely right. So he said no fuck you I'm a comedian, I'll joke about anything I want, piss off, you aren't special. You're just proving his point.

You also don't know the difference between telling a joke with malice, intending to hurt a person, and telling a joke with love, to say "hey I recognize you and I'm gonna invite you in to our club".

Btw the murder rate is far more related to prostitution and drug use. There aren't just big scary transphobes going around in packs murdering trans people, that is not happening. There are other, relevant circumstances at play.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you out of your mind? His entire point was that you can seemingly joke about anybody, except trans people. And he's completely right. So he said no fuck you I'm a comedian, I'll joke about anything I want, piss off, you aren't special. You're just proving his point.

You also don't know the difference between telling a joke with malice, intending to hurt a person, and telling a joke with love, to say "hey I recognize you and I'm gonna invite you in to our club".

Btw the murder rate is far more related to prostitution and drug use. There aren't just big scary transphobes going around in packs murdering trans people, that is not happening. There are other, relevant circumstances at play.
Oh its drug use and prostitution everyone. Black men obviously are never murder someone if prostitution and drug use are involved.

If you calm down and read my post again. You will see that its more about how hypocritical netflix is being rather than anything Chappelle decided to do.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:24 PM
Banned

Here's a thing that has literally never happened ever: Somebody hears a dave chappelle joke about trans people and says "Oh man, that joke was funny! Hey let's go KILL a trans person!!".

That is the argument people are attempting to make, and it's terrible. Human beings are not inspired to commit literal murder over jokes in a stand up special.

Which actually reminds me of another great observation he made, which is that people only care about murder selectively. DaBaby literally killed somebody, and nobody really cared. Then he made a naughty comment, so he must be destroyed. The point is: reconsider your priorities, because they are completely backward.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh its drug use and prostitution everyone. Black men obviously are never murder someone if prostitution and drug use are involved.

If you calm down and read my post again. You will see that its more about how hypocritical netflix is being rather than anything Chappelle decided to do.
No I understood your post, I agree with that part, netflix is being hypocritical. But it sounds like you think they *should have* cancelled chappelle, and didn't. I'm saying they shouldn't cancel anyone, because we are adults.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I understood your post, I agree with that part, netflix is being hypocritical. But it sounds like you think they *should have* cancelled chappelle, and didn't. I'm saying they shouldn't cancel anyone, because we are adults.
But we do cancel...

except when their trans.

Interesting.

Edit: but yea you said you get the point.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

TERFs and SWERFs, either way I smell tuna. 🐟

They should never have taught us how to read and write.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:34 PM
Banned

My biggest concern about cancel culture is how they took down Parlor. They literally killed that business as it was taking off -- they being amazon mostly.

You don't have to go on parlor.

And you wouldn't have to go to Netflix to get Dave Chappelle if he was "canceled".

I believe he said recently: "if this is what being canceled is, I love it."

There is different kinds of canceling -- some are a lot worse than others.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Settle down, paste eater.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is different kinds of canceling -- some are a lot worse than others.
I completely agree with that, I made the same point yesterday. Dave Chappelle will be fine, even if netflix deleted all his specials, cause he's rich and famous. It's the principle of the matter though; ordinary people can't say many of the things he said, or they really will lose their lunch ticket.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:09 PM
Banned

I honestly don't care what Chapel says or does. And I'm not flipping out about Netflix. Just no point to fight. I will never make Chapel love me. Or his fans. I am not interested in expending the time to change just one of their perspectives on an individual basis.

If something else he said was funny to anyone that night, I'm glad.

Imo it's all boring and irrelevant. No better or worse than my snark.
Closed Thread