Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 12:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default How noticable is the Ogre stun resist?

Just curious what kind of difference the Ogre stun resist actually makes?

How often are there moments where you're like "Damn, glad I went Ogre, that saved me"?

Are there certain play styles you can use to maximum the ability?
Old 02-01-2021, 01:31 AM
Aviak

It is only important on paper. Play the race you like the most.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

The game is easy so it doesn't matter.

When you are getting hit in the face by mobs and they stun you, they won't stun you if you're an ogre. It is better.

But who cares. and if you aren't playing the PVP its triple doesn't matter.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:41 AM
Kobold

Really depends on your playstyle. If you're always playing in a group no. Iksar/troll regen is very noticeable.

I've always had FSI envy. Playing shaman many times. Went ogre FSI this round and I've had countless times I was so glad I had FSI. From, putting your butt in a corner and channeling Gate with 8 mobs beating on you and get away, to breaking a tough camp and needing your root to not be interrupted.

I wouldn't trade FSI for anything. Breaking a camp is so much easier on an ogre I think. Troll is definitely a better pick for a group comp. But, most people are afk half the time in groups anyway and a 5% efficiency improvement Troll get just goes unnoticed.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

If you are a glass half full person, it helps you every time you get bashed. If you are a glass half empty person it will never help you. if you are the rarefied the glass is half full and spotty person, then it will not only never help you but will even be detrimental( if you are a spell caster anyway).

And sadly you will never truly know if ever helped you in any given instance.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Let me preface this by saying I hate ogres and I'll never play one because they're disgusting. That said, if you're a min/maxer there's simply no other choice. Yes, FSI is very noticeable and here's why...

As a warrior your job is to hold agro. If you are wasting precious seconds getting stunned, you're falling behind on the hate list because not being able to hit the mob means your weapons aren't proccing. Thus a non-ogre simply won't be able to hold agro as well. That might not seem like a big deal in your casual leveling groups, but on raid encounters, it matters bigtime.

Another poster above gave examples of how important it is for shaman. FSI is far more valuable than a little bit of regen. When you've got Torpor, racial regen and even fungi is so insignificant, and besides that when you're taking more rounds of attacks from mobs from having to recast after getting stunned, that extra regen goes out the window as far as I'm concerned. As was already said, an ogre can corner themselves with several mobs beating on them and reliably gate, but getting out alive in that situation on any other race takes considerable luck.

So yeah, if you can deal with the way ya look as an ogre, it's the obvious choice for every class they can be. FSI is that strong. The people saying it doesn't matter don't know what they're talking about. Can you still enjoy the game without it? Of course. You'll just never be as powerful as ogres are.
Zurui - 58 Gnome Enchanter of Bertoxxulous
Kyura - 56 High Elf Cleric of Tunare
Blue Server - Retired
Twitch
Old 02-01-2021, 05:35 AM
Banned

Even with torpor regen (troll/regrowth/fungi) adding 46 hp/tick is a big deal.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:45 AM
Planar Protector

I don't like lottery tickets, but if I cared about being a millionaire I'd buy them because lottery winners become millionaires.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:26 AM
Planar Protector

A player who's unsure of himself will pick ogre and routinely think it saves him. It doesn't, really, but he'll convince himself it does. It will go un-noticed that non-ogre members of those classes do all the same stuff, shamans all solo the same things, etc.

The ogre racial bonus is important to folks who hate being bashed* or who lack self confidence and need to feel like they picked the "best." Otherwise the racial is effectively fluff. The effect of bashes on warrior threat generation has been tested. In actuality the ogre warrior gains something like a two per cent threat advantage over a different race. Whoop-de-doo. For a shaman it's a nice enough racial if you solo a lot but becomes entirely worthless as soon as the player isn't being hit. By far the ogre's largest advantage is the confidence boost it provides to timid players.

*There are players--they know who they are--who HATE being bashed or interrupted by bashes. Such folks can hardly tolerate playing anything else. In their specific case the ogre racial is extremely noticeable in terms of increasing their fun factor.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 02-01-2021 at 06:34 AM..
Old 02-01-2021, 08:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesocyclone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even with torpor regen (troll/regrowth/fungi) adding 46 hp/tick is a big deal.
Troll/iksar regen is 11 more while sitting than other races at 60, 8 more while standing.

So 342 vs 334 standing, a 2.5% increase for being troll!

That being said I have no opinion on FSI! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Closed Thread