Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 02:53 PM
Banned

Default How fast does it take to level a bard to 60?

Looking to learn how to barding

Currently have a human bard (no twink gear etc) only level 1

I have no clue on "strafing" , "twisting" and "Swarm Kiting"

Any good guides on the internet?

Thanks for reading
Old 09-22-2021, 09:04 PM
Fire Giant

https://wiki.project1999.com/Player_Guides
Old 09-23-2021, 11:06 AM
Banned

Gee thanks
Old 09-23-2021, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

Didnt' read
Old 09-23-2021, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Try youtube, there are some great videos there I am sure I used this one heh

edit: actually come to think of it I've never seen anyone aoe kite from that camera angle before 🤔

Old 09-23-2021, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Create your song macros like this:

/stopsong
/cast 1

etc.

This macro removes literally half your button pushing. Wish I would have known this in '99
Old 09-23-2021, 03:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Create your song macros like this:

/stopsong
/cast 1

etc.

This macro removes literally half your button pushing. Wish I would have known this in '99
I feel like this is next to impossible on Green currently, unless you enjoy changing your hotbar every single time you zone.

I've been playing a bard recently and I'm having a blast. I had to stop swarming because I felt that I was leveling too fast and I enjoy the process more than the end-game P99 experience.

Check out:

"Bard can go 0-60 in less than 100hrs of game with a store bought drum, lute, flute and horn. Also sow pots help but aren’t necessary.

Below guide is assuming you don’t suck at swarming:

Human Rallos zek bard Qeynos
Lvl 1-12
Water quest, Qeynos : Time maybe 45 minutes cost 60plat at most

Lvl 12-18
Orc Alley, Oasis : priests don’t social time maybe 1-1.5hr
Wisps,Grizzlies,spiders, NK: not as good as orc alley but maybe 2-3hrs
PRO ONLY, yard and CE, unrest: stupid fast maybe 45-1hr

Lvl 18-27
PRO ONLY Iksar exiles, Swamp o NH: 9 lvl 23 mobs on 5-6min timer few hrs to 27 takes less than 15 seconds to pull.
Birds,cactii,Sarnaks, goblins, OT/LOIO: lots of mobs varying lvls, longer pulls, plenty of room to kite on par with above slightly slower.

Lvls 27-34&34-46
Drolvarg savages, growlers: PULL ALL the savages and growlers starting on SE ledge winding up toward NE corner (Invis with sow to just social pull and avoid shaman goblins)
27-34 will take maybe 3 pulls of 50ish mobs
33+ start adding the drolvarg snarlers to your kite.
Collect all the teeth(you will get several stacks) turn them in when you hit 45 to get most of not all of the hell level. Whole process takes maybe 8-12hrs.

Lvl 47-54:

Loio: you can drum dot all 12 BG goblins before respawns on a 13 min timer using snare, 3 dots and fear move to pulling next mob when 3rd dot lands and mob is under 18% hp, virtually risk free leveling close to 40% per hr, Honestly almost as fast as swarming and you get your swimming up!
Hhk: you can drum dot nobles right on up to til lvl 54 risk free second one will die before first respawns. Maybe 18-24hrs to 46-54? BGs faster til 51 this camp always taken but if you get it it’s fire.
Drolvargs, petrified birds,skeleton camp, DL: pull to east wall swarm down longish pulls trying to get just the blues! Good til 57
Bees,skeletons, BW: long pull bring back to SF zoneline swarm down I hate this zone but solid xp(tip leave a corpse at the SF zoneline opening to locate corpse and find your way back easy!) good til 57

54-57
Two from above
Raptors, TD: 15 blues on a 12 min timer! Nice swarm and afk exp avg of 10% hr til 57. Pull by tagging single on big island behind cliff, selos song of travel to small island socialing everything loop around to big island again and grab rest! Pbaoe snare and twist your two dots! Speed things up by target cycling through the viscious also hitting them with chant of flame for 33% of dmg to each.(Pro tip if Dinus spawns charm him and throw him at your social pack they will eat him down to 15-30% hp)

57-60
PRO only, Velks: if anyone tells you to swarm here before lvl 57 slap them, you will not consistently land snare on all the spiders until lvl 57 without DA song this is kinda sketchy message me and I can show you how in game. Do not impede others camps, Communication with others is key 15-30% an hr avg to 60 depending on your skill and how empty it is.
DN spiders: slower than velks but still very solid pull front then back set off traps for extra spiders avoid construct bone traps, this is usually considered one camp and bards have pretty much taken it over great exp til 60 as well.

Ding 60 and now you can go raid this weekend, hope ole Wallis guide helps!"

from: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d+qeynos+human

To get a hang of swarm kiting, it's easy to gather a swarm of fire beetles in the Qeynos newbie yard and you don't need Selos or SoW. Afterwards, beetles in NK and NRo are a good next step.

If you haven't done it before, the camp recommended above in the Swamp of No Hope is crazy XP and just a cool spot. I did 21-27 there in a single day of casually playing.
Old 09-23-2021, 03:12 PM
Banned

wow that's an amazing guide man!

thank you so much!
Old 09-23-2021, 03:30 PM
Fire Giant

FWIW, I highly suggest JBoots and some reasonable armor/hp gear though both not strictly necessary. You should also probably pick up a lev cloak before they rework the QM mechanic.

Charm kiting is also a good option. Esp. for 46-51 at the bloodgills in LOIO.
Old 09-23-2021, 05:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAm0nk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like this is next to impossible on Green currently, unless you enjoy changing your hotbar every single time you zone.
It's not all that bad. I have my 1-8 hotkeys as the 1-8 songs memmed. You have to click and drag from your socials tab #7 and #8. Then i drag over sit and a macro that is just /stopsong

Overall takes like 5 seconds on zone, and only when in the zone you are going to be leveling.
Closed Thread