Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A part of me wants to purposely drop items so random people can pick them up but I know chances are some loaded tunnel mule will pick the item up instead.
I think the ideal way to do this is to charm some lowbie mob, give them the item, then let charm break. The mob will now have the item, and the next lowbie to kill it (not some tunnel rat) will get it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the ideal way to do this is to charm some lowbie mob, give them the item, then let charm break. The mob will now have the item, and the next lowbie to kill it (not some tunnel rat) will get it.
Oh, that's a great idea actually.

You know someone would announce getting it over /OOC too
Old 09-18-2018, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Whether they give them back to you or not if he in fact picked them up is another matter, but I'm pretty positive any item can be tracked from player to player.

Items, I believe, have hidden ID tags, your item may be:
Gauntlets of Fiery Might_2427

Which means they are the 2,427th pair that has ever dropped. If Cained is wearing this pair, he can't hide. Whether staff would out him or take action I don't know.

Pretty sure tags like that are used to track RMT, handle disputes, etc.

RMT and scamming don't pay kids, don't do it.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Cained is wearing this pair, he can't hide.
I want justice.

You have to petition OP and find out the truth.

Then make a RnF post about it.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:37 PM
Banned

I found someone's xfer once. Waitdled till they logged their alt in and got them to confirm what was in the bags before handing them over.

Very thankful person they were.
Last edited by White_knight; 09-18-2018 at 05:45 PM..
Old 09-18-2018, 05:38 PM
Banned

Also anyone remember the days you could drop xfer coins??????
Old 09-18-2018, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Items, I believe, have hidden ID tags, your item may be:
Gauntlets of Fiery Might_2427

Which means they are the 2,427th pair that has ever dropped. If Cained is wearing this pair, he can't hide.
I'm pretty sure this is correct

Quote:
Whether staff would out him or take action I don't know.
I'm 99% certain they wouldn't. Whether the guy lied about it or not, picking something up off the ground is not against the server rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup. I think that even might have worked here once, but there was some issue with it (maybe technical, maybe players doing stupid stuff with dropped coins) that made the devs disable it. But it also might just be a Titanium issue which never worked.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-18-2018 at 05:42 PM..
Old 09-18-2018, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sounds familiar. I seem to even remember people dropping 1 Copper to mess with people.

Then again that was way back in '99.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Drop the bag under water and it's less likely to be seen. Otherwise, yeah, if you really are so worried about an item that it's worth wasting a guide's time to maybe recover it, waste a level 60's time instead. Screenshot the xfer request and if they run off with it, they can be punished since scamming is quite frowned upon here.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or just ask literally anyone? No one wants to steal your stuff.
Cept maybe Cained (allegedly)
Closed Thread