Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

Default Velious for Beginners.

Sad to say, I have 0 experience with Velious. Would like to get a thread going with information pertaining to our new land here.

Hoping to keep this thread informative for those that may be in a similiar position. Currently looking to get out there with my now 56 Cleric. I have read some guides on the net but not sure how much of that information will pertain to P99.

Any Advice, information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

velks/cc/sirens grotto are the ideal places to level up at. Kael Drakkel is the place to get better armor than fear/hate.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 07-26-2015, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

What do you want to do? What information are you looking for?

There's new zones to level in, hundreds of new quests, tradeskills with very nice rewards. There's warring factions. Halls of testing with quest armor drops which require tradeable gems that are dropped in group settings. Certain Kunark items become obsolete. Some kunark camps are still worth doing. Some Kunark spells are even more valuable because they won't drop in Velious. Velious spells drop almost everywhere. There's dragons everyone can kill, there's raid content there's even a hidden zone deep in the Temple of Veeshan.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

I wish I was you
Old 07-26-2015, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

People do sirens for leveling?
Old 07-26-2015, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

sirens are hella good exp especially since SG has a nice ZEM
Old 07-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Outdoors

Cobalt Scar- I used to kill the otters for gem drops and easy xp. Quaddable by a wizard (for me back in 2001). otters and walrus buddies on different factions. Know this for a couple quests like lodizal shield and sea meat quests.

Eastern Wastes-entry zone into velious. Lower levels can level up a bit here. I don't remember doing much in here

The Great Divide- Named after Kerafym who caused a "great divide" in the middle of the continent which is also a barrier to the dwarves and giants. Tons of giants roam, and dwarves near their home.

Iceclad Ocean- never been here

Siren's Grotto- Hard as hell zone with great rewards. One must master this zone to get into West Wastes safely. Tons of enduring breath drops + gems for kael/thurg/tov armor quests.

Wakening Land-holgresh elder beads drop here. Some geonids for gem drops as well.

Western Wastes- think of dreadlands on steroids with dragons roaming around. Do not enter this zone unless you can pay attention and are prepared to die. Roaming ice burrowers that rival the HP's of trak/vp dragons. Roaming dragons that a small force can take down for a decent necklace. This is definitely a fun zone, but have gate ready and come with a group.

Cities

Icewell Keep- Raid zone for the king of the dwarves, Dain Frostreaver.

Kael Drakkal- Raid zone + xp zone. "The arena" is the place you want to be in order to grind out faction and get armor drops.

Skyshrine- Never went here.

Thurgadin- the only safe hub when you start velious for all races. Kill dwarves and you're only home is gone until you kill enough to gain favor with the giants or dragons.

Dungeons

Crystal Caverns- solid leveling 30-45

Dragon Necropolis- I only killed the phase spiders to try and get the carapace.

Sleeper's Tomb- the new VP. Key required that drops off a select couple of dragons. No huge quest required, just getting the necklace drop.

Temple of Veeshan- hardest of the three faction raid zones. West wing is the easiest, north wing is hardest.

Tower of Frozen Shadow- Solid leveling zone, never went too high up.

Velketor's Labyrinth- Make sure you have lev and get ready for trains! Solid ZEM, great drops, great xp, very dangerous! This is the new "hot" place that will replace seb for leveling 55-60. Another hotspot for gem drops for armor quests.

Plane of Growth- the new fear/hate.

Plane of mischief- the card system is confusing even with a full guide. Some decent turn in quests here. Ideal spot for a high 50's group if someone can COTH you to the entrance..... which is in the north wing of tov.

faction
killing giants- easiest to max faction at. tons of low level giants in great divide, entrance to kael can be solid xp. High levels will spend time in the arena.

killing dwarves- I only killed dwarves when killing Dain, no idea how hard it is to max faction

killing dragons- If you are a top guild and spend a while raiding in ToV it shouldn't be too hard to max, but the rewards pale in comparison to what gear you should have.

far right you can see what is required. http://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Armor_Sets

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Last edited by Oleris; 07-26-2015 at 12:36 PM..
Old 07-26-2015, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

I just did some wandering on Beta and here's what I've found so far:

KOS greenies will attack you even if they're level 30 and you're level 60, because everything on Velious has anger management issues apparently. There are LOTS of wanderers in the spots I went, too.

Snow bunnies are adorable and only level 1 or 2, but they scamper around between tundra kodiaks so good luck getting their meat. The kodiaks look kinda like wombats, while I'm at it.

Only the Coldain won't try to kill you when you first set foot onto the continent. The other two factions, giants and dragons, are threatening at the start. If you're in wolf form, the Coldain will try to kill you because strange wolves are bad.

The wolves are on different factions in some places (most?), but it's easy to tell them apart. The shardwurms are on no one's faction.

There are orcs. The orcs are supposedly allies with the giants, but as usual in EQ, there's nothing you can do to raise faction with the orcs. That's okay, they're ugly anyway.

The ice is really slick in some places. Enjoy the impromptu ice-skating sessions!

Sunsets are fucking beautiful in Eastern Wastes.

Frost Giant Toes drop way less often than Kromrif Heads. SO, you want that burlap prayer shawl, do you? Well, start camping.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 07-26-2015, 01:00 PM
Aviak

Are the mobs for the CS key threatening to start as well? I don't remember if I had to do any faction work before that quest
Old 07-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Outdoors

Cobalt Scar- I used to kill the otters for gem drops and easy xp. Quaddable by a wizard (for me back in 2001). otters and walrus buddies on different factions. Know this for a couple quests like lodizal shield and sea meat quests.

Eastern Wastes-entry zone into velious. Lower levels can level up a bit here. I don't remember doing much in here

The Great Divide- Named after Kerafym who caused a "great divide" in the middle of the continent which is also a barrier to the dwarves and giants. Tons of giants roam, and dwarves near their home.

Iceclad Ocean- never been here

Siren's Grotto- Hard as hell zone with great rewards. One must master this zone to get into West Wastes safely. Tons of enduring breath drops + gems for kael/thurg/tov armor quests.

Wakening Land-holgresh elder beads drop here. Some geonids for gem drops as well.

Western Wastes- think of dreadlands on steroids with dragons roaming around. Do not enter this zone unless you can pay attention and are prepared to die. Roaming ice burrowers that rival the HP's of trak/vp dragons. Roaming dragons that a small force can take down for a decent necklace. This is definitely a fun zone, but have gate ready and come with a group.

Cities

Icewell Keep- Raid zone for the king of the dwarves, Dain Frostreaver.

Kael Drakkal- Raid zone + xp zone. "The arena" is the place you want to be in order to grind out faction and get armor drops.

Skyshrine- Never went here.

Thurgadin- the only safe hub when you start velious for all races. Kill dwarves and you're only home is gone until you kill enough to gain favor with the giants or dragons.

Dungeons

Crystal Caverns- solid leveling 30-45

Dragon Necropolis- I only killed the phase spiders to try and get the carapace.

Sleeper's Tomb- the new VP. Key required that drops off a select couple of dragons. No huge quest required, just getting the necklace drop.

Temple of Veeshan- hardest of the three faction raid zones. West wing is the easiest, north wing is hardest.

Tower of Frozen Shadow- Solid leveling zone, never went too high up.

Velketor's Labyrinth- Make sure you have lev and get ready for trains! Solid ZEM, great drops, great xp, very dangerous! This is the new "hot" place that will replace seb for leveling 55-60. Another hotspot for gem drops for armor quests.

Plane of Growth- the new fear/hate.

Plane of mischief- the card system is confusing even with a full guide. Some decent turn in quests here. Ideal spot for a high 50's group if someone can COTH you to the entrance..... which is in the north wing of tov.

faction
killing giants- easiest to max faction at. tons of low level giants in great divide, entrance to kael can be solid xp. High levels will spend time in the arena.

killing dwarves- I only killed dwarves when killing Dain, no idea how hard it is to max faction

killing dragons- If you are a top guild and spend a while raiding in ToV it shouldn't be too hard to max, but the rewards pale in comparison to what gear you should have.

far right you can see what is required. http://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Armor_Sets

Awesome write up, thank you.

Great Posts so far. Keep em coming!
Closed Thread