Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 09:55 AM
Fire Giant

To the OP. You can kite the red gnolls and aviaks in south karana around 25 all the way to the early 30s
Old 02-06-2020, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

Can you swarm kite hill giants? Never tried just curious... money is scarce =/
Old 02-06-2020, 09:26 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
34 you can still charm kill in SolA, you can charm kill 4th floor guards in highkeep, you can swarm or charm the Butcherblock dwarfs at the docks and at the ruins near docks, you can swarm oggok guards easy to keep all 12 down before repops, you can charm kill the 4 6min spawn specters in Oot. Great duo with a Druid as they can keep them ensnared whilst you just kill and use the new spawn to finish off lower hp previous pet(if you solo charm just mez both at low hp, then snare, snare, fear, pbaoe dot to finish both off for full xp. All of these camps are solid xp and loot. These camps can take you to 42-46 depending on which you are at and I’ve got some spots to get ya from there to 50 as well let me know when ya ding 42 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ding, ding, ding - lvl42. What other magical spots you have? Im guessing seafuries are now worthwhile.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

Question regarding bard AoE. Obviously with no limit targets bard AE was crazy exp but if you made 1 slip instadeath. However bards still seem to be doing good soloing 4 at a time. Doesn’t it take the same amount of time as mass AE before change? Is it just more forgiving so you can take a few hits here and there? Less deaths more exp?
Old 02-10-2020, 07:54 AM
Kobold

@BenDerisgreat & @Vador981 - You can swarm HGs / SGs etc but you need to be very very careful. It takes some serious practice to range the PBAoEs right or you will get constantly hit. I'd even avoid using the shorter range Chord of Dissonance just to be safe.

But again - once you get charm, why even bother doing swarming? I used to attempt to swarm the Oggok guards 4 at a time with success, but once I practiced charming, it went at least 5x faster.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:58 AM
Kobold

Sorry not to stray from the original intention of this post:
Lvl 25 - 35: I was lucky enough to swarm gnolls in SK during very dead hours before merge. Probably less possible now.
Lvl 35 - 50: I would either swarm Oggok Guards (and later charm), do spectres in Oasis, or run around and kill SG's. Not sure there are many options for swarming mobs in the later levels.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Oggok Guards, Gfay Guards, BB dock/ruin dwarfs, you can charm solo highkeep 4th floor, SolB entrance to window room all the kobolds are charm killable just avoid anything with solusek in its name, at lvl 42 you can solo Boshinko easily in Highkeep, at 42 you can also easily hold down 2 IG spawns in everfrost or one if super camped, there’s also barbs you can kill in everfrost on 6 min timer, charm killing specs in OoT getting full xp for all 4 every 6 mins is easy too, you can go too the back hallway in MM and do all those gargoyles til like 42ish.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oggok Guards, Gfay Guards, BB dock/ruin dwarfs, you can charm solo highkeep 4th floor, SolB entrance to window room all the kobolds are charm killable just avoid anything with solusek in its name, at lvl 42 you can solo Boshinko easily in Highkeep, at 42 you can also easily hold down 2 IG spawns in everfrost or one if super camped, there’s also barbs you can kill in everfrost on 6 min timer, charm killing specs in OoT getting full xp for all 4 every 6 mins is easy too, you can go too the back hallway in MM and do all those gargoyles til like 42ish.
I've done a lot of these on Bard myself, good spots. GFay guards though? Kelethin? Need to worry about faction at all with that or anything in Highkeep?
Old 02-14-2020, 06:40 AM
Planar Protector

bards have invis, sneak,lull, and a 600+ faction boost song. Fear not what you kill my friend.

PS. The lift guards are MR immune so avoid those 6 + the Captain.
Closed Thread