Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 04:46 AM
Planar Protector

Rumour is bards shouldn't train hide until 60, which will circumvent the class skill cap of 40 by setting the skill to the trainee's level (ie 60)
Old 04-21-2018, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahhh ty for the tips friends! Guess I always wanted to learn Gnoll haha ...

Though the tradeskill idea is solid too ... hmmm, decisions, decisions!

But overall thanks for the input! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Do you still raise languages by spamming text in group chat? Been a while for me
Gnoll is one of the very few languages with an in-game use. If you master it you can read the Tesch Val Scrolls that drop in Splitpaw/South Karana ... not that that is particularly useful, but it's more useful than most languages.

And yes, I believe text spamming does still raise languages. Been meaning to organize a language learning party sometime to get mine up ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rumour is bards shouldn't train hide until 60, which will circumvent the class skill cap of 40 by setting the skill to the trainee's level (ie 60)
Don't think it works like that. My SK forgot to train Divination at 9 and I didn't use any Div spells. I trained it at 12 and it gave me a skill of 9.

I believe when you train a delayed skill, it just gives you the beginning skill level that you would have received had you trained it when it was first available.

And plunking 21 points into a tradeskill is a waste... less than 10pp and 5 minutes will get you there.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And yes, I believe text spamming does still raise languages. Been meaning to organize a language learning party sometime to get mine up ...
If you are planning one do tell! I love raising languages! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I remember back in the day in the test server during mob play, you could speak as a mob with several languages, really confused people when you began screaming at them as a lion in the karanas in dragon, really loved that feature hehe.
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 05-17-2018, 09:17 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I seem to recall once in the basement of SSRA we started spamming other languages to train each other while grouped. we caped numerous languages that day. I dont know if you 'need' to be grouped but its something fun to do when med'ing up between spawns.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

When I got my epic I put like 40 points into 1HS because I never used it before as a druid.. Other than that I would put 21 points into the skilltrades for the Coldain Shawl Quest.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:04 AM
Aviak

My Enchanter has all languages at 100, if anyone wants to learn them send me a PM and I’ll help if I’m free!
Old 05-24-2018, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luci [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My Enchanter has all languages at 100, if anyone wants to learn them send me a PM and I’ll help if I’m free!
Awesome!

What is the name of your enchanter? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Closed Thread