Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: What do you think will happen?
The USA will buy the UK to make them great again 15 14.02%
The monarchy will collapse, England to become Venezuela 2.0 10 9.35%
UK to sink in total recession, AM/Riot to rejoice about this new stream of jobless apps 25 23.36%
The UK will do just fine, will claim back USA, India, Australia and all other ex colonies 23 21.50%
The EU will make Boris Johnson fuck a pig live on TV, or they kill Harry 19 17.76%
Bush // towers 39 36.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

Voted on by dying countries full of 3rd worlders and opioid addicts. Time for Augustus

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-04-2019, 02:04 AM
Planar Protector

...and the people voted for a positive change in terms of Brexit. The majority is there, democracy happened. It should have been forced through in under 6 months in 2016.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add in the failed "freedom of movement" laws, which are good in theory but has unofficially ended up with "if you get into Europe illegally, you're free to move where you like"... its not been good economically, socially or culturally.
I recently went to Holland, Belgium, and Germany for a 1-week vacation. Not having to check about each country for visa requirements or show my passport constantly at train stations was quite convenient, so there's that.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:30 AM
Sarnak

Remoaners: Stop the coup!
Govt: OK, we'll have a general election.
Remoaners: We didn't mean now...

Makes me so angry how our parliament has deliberately made this process so difficult.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... and if you take a look at some of their failed policies/outlooks, particularly at what has happened economically to Greece, no shits were given that they effectively bankrupted the country.
As far I know Greece fucked it up all alone and wanted help from the EU, and the EU said it will help Greece if they follow some rules.
Looks like it worked. Greece is stable and growing again.

(sorry about my english)
Old 09-04-2019, 10:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recently went to Holland, Belgium, and Germany for a 1-week vacation. Not having to check about each country for visa requirements or show my passport constantly at train stations was quite convenient, so there's that.
Convenience has a price all its own.

The USA can't seem to move because it has grown fatter on asian work, meanwhile California has a homeless village.

That's all I will say. It's not my land, country, culture or people over there in Euro.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Makes me so angry how our parliament has deliberately made this process so difficult.
it is kinda unfair they won't support an election. i guess they figure an economic meltdown is the worser option than being unfair.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Honestly, I think the leader of the opposition, Jeremy Corbin, simply doesn't want to be PM. Back when former PM May called a general election he vould have just built his campaign around "I've long been a Eurosceptic so you can trust me to implement Leave, but at the same time I am a labour rep so you can also trust me to maintain the workforce's rights and protect them from the predatory corporations that a conservative Brexit would make them vulnerable to."

He would have picked up many of the conservative leave votes (May voted remain; I have no idea why she volunteered for leadership of the Conservative party other than no one else even stood. Really BoJo should have manned up and stood for leadership on 24th June 2016). He would have stopped the huge number of lavour votes that defected because Labour didn't have a clear mandate on Brexit during that election. He would have even picked up some remain voters under the assurance of fall out from Brexit being mitigated (it's nice being able to opt out of 42+ hour working weeks, etc).

That snap election back then was JC's for the taking if he actually stood up for his past rhetoric.

Now he's showed himself up again, trying to paint BoJo as a tyrant, but when offered the election JC turns it down by moving the goalposts. I understand why JC turned it down, the election was a trap to force through a potentially devestating Brexit (instead of a clean, conciliatory leave) for the sake of deadlines (and maintaining huge tax dodging schemes employed by much of the current government and sponsors). The damage is now done to JC's reputation (and it has taken years of bogus allegations against him for anything to stick).

These two instances show to me JC doesn't want PM.

Infighting in the Labour party (and attacks from Conservative party/media) has tried for years to bring JC down, but in the end JC is going to crucify himself.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it is kinda unfair they won't support an election. i guess they figure an economic meltdown is the worser option than being unfair.
Shitting the bed then making someone else take responsibility for it is classic Torrie playbook (ref 'Calling a Referendum then Stepping down from PM', Pigfucker, 2016)
Old 09-07-2019, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...e-passing-bill

This is what we are reduced to, some our wonderful MPs, probably former ministers too, openly colluding with EU leaders completely undermining our own negotiators. We used to have people hung, drawn and quartered for that!
Last edited by Thrombosis; 09-07-2019 at 12:54 PM..
Closed Thread