Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 05:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Through PoP with following changes:

No bazaar
No cats
No beastlord
No PoK books
No Paludal(sp) Caverns
No armor dyes
No character model changes

I liked AAs and tradeskill improvements--especially earring of solstice quest/collab.
Spell enhancement on gear for casters. Gave old world items more life and a reason to go for loot never touched before.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

Launch till end of PoP is classic for me.

Devs dont want Luclin, and itd prob take 5 years to make, so aint happening.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:26 PM
Banned

I’m really enjoying p2002 right now so I’m going to say the full luclin, pop and Loy. Full with pok, bazaar and maps. Nothing past level 65.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

Launch through Gates or Omens, but skipping LDoN, cause fuck using instances to skip leveling content.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:46 AM
Planar Protector

I actually liked The mini dungeons of LDoN, so I be down for that. I also never played a beastlord and they interest me. I would like somehow to play that class without having Luclin.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:07 AM
Kobold

Honestly beastlords are seriously overpowered.....monk dps plus a crazy badass pet and shammy spells.
Any of you that say include luclin I would say fall into 2 categories....you were a newb back then and loved paludal (beginning of EQ's downfall) and its bullshit insane xp, and or you loved the portal system (wait times weren't near long enough imo).
If you were in a high end raid guild....despite the omfg want to blow your brain out shard farming etc, and the fuck you devs with your million hp+ trash mobs with zero loot (vex thall for anyone who never had the displeasure of plowing million+ hp trash for hours to get to a named....back to hours of trash, named etc)....despite that the loot was omg so good. Seru / Emp horse, loved my seru horse. Bloodfrenzy, I miss you, god did you proc like crazy (and not to forget you my offhanded love hategiver)

Kinda forgot where I was going with this....but truthfully the only thing I would want from luclin is aa's. Increase the xp required per aa, ditch a few of the overpowered stupid ones (hi manaburn and dire charm) and honestly I could see those adding a ton of added value to play time on p99.

PoP was actually a fun expansion (keep in mind I was in top raid guild so I actually experienced all of its content), ditch the stupid books, and remove the ability to raid players into zones (its how it was at first, and despite how annoying backflagging apps / alts etc, it was great having xp zones that didn't have complete newbs and constant trains etc.)
Old 01-25-2020, 06:45 PM
Banned

Playing a emu servior that will do Omens and GoD.

Looking foward to doing them since personally classic to pop is dòoooooooone for me.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:49 PM
Banned

Luclin had some fun zones.SSRA was fun as f. Vex Thal no so much. Some of the zones in Luclin were terribly designed.

All of PoP was fun (die in a river if you dont think so)
Old 01-25-2020, 09:36 PM
Kobold

Or how about classic - velious with AAs (and that’s all).
Old 01-25-2020, 09:41 PM
Sarnak

I always liked Lost Dungeons of Norrath.