Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 04:16 PM
Kobold

Default Thank You Staff

When Everquest first came out I was in high school but my setup/computer knowledge prevented me from playing any of the top tier or even multiplayer games like Counter-Strike or Everquest. I mostly was just on IM or draining all of our ink cartridges by printing out pictures of Jenny McCarthy before my mom got home.

I always had to hear the guys in the back of physics class talk about CS and EQ and how much fun they were having. I would try to join in the conversation but was inevitably ostracized as soon as they found out I had never even played. I was determined to run this game no matter what. I saved up all my money and sold as many Jenny McCarthy printouts as I could to my poor friends that lived by the pier. I saved up all my hard earned money and bought a 3DFX voodoo 2 and original Everquest from electronics boutique.

As soon as I got home I ran in the door and ripped open the computer to install the graphics card. I had done some basic computer disassembly before so this didn’t seem too difficult but alas I failed like junior year 3rd quarter Spanish. I don’t remember the exact command prompt error but it wasn’t working and I put my voodoo 2 and my copy of EQ up in the closet and then brought down all my favorite Jenny printouts to help myself feel better. I never did get the voodoo 2 installed. My yellow EQ disc with CD key is still unused up in the closet.

By the time I was able to finally play, kunark was out and i had to play on my friend’s computer. I was always chasing that original everquest experience. Pre-kunark and Pre-Planar. I couldn’t call it nostalgia because I never actually experienced vanilla EQ. Even when I discovered blue99 it had already been out for like 7 years. Green is the closest I will ever come to joining in on that conversation in the back of physics class.

Thank you to all the staff and to the project1999 community.
Without you there is no classic EQ anymore
Old 01-25-2020, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

But almost everything Kunark added made EverQuest better.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

The weird thing is.. the people I talked to about EQ were in Physics class and Spanish class in junior year too...

I don't remember a Jenny Mcarthy outcast though, but im sure there was one of them there too ;D
Old 01-25-2020, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagglebaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never did get the voodoo 2 installed. My yellow EQ disc with CD key is still unused up in the closet.
So you still live wi...... nm...
Old 01-25-2020, 06:02 PM
Banned

everquest helped me shape my life, i would not be the successful importer exporter of fine chinese goods i am today without it. (Seriously)
Closed Thread