Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Default Thinking about coming back, any friendly tips?

Hi everyone, I played a shaman named Winga and was a member of BDA before real life stole me away. I have my epic and clicky boots, but otherwise my gear is pretty janky.

I never played Velious, and I'm considering coming back to experience some of the zones, grind it out to 60 and a respectable amount of plat, and finally experience torpor firsthand. I don't have a great deal of free time anymore (why I quit in the first place), so I'd probably only get to play an hour or two here and there.

Googling and searching through the wiki have provided me with a startling lack of information about what there is to do in Velious besides raiding. What are the new small or full group exp/loot camps I could experience as a 58 shaman? Can a very casual player with limited playing time get access to any of the gear sets besides the dwarf one?

I appreciate your taking the time to read this and respond with anything you think is helpful.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Orc

From Velious I recommend you visit the Tower of Frozen Shadow. It is quite possibly one of my most favorite dungeons in the whole game, and at your level you could easily help some teams work their way to the top in order to earn the keys. Aside from that, check out the coldain rings and shawl quests if you want to go Coldain faction and have some interest in working trade skills. Small disclaimer though, I've only recently converted to P99, so I have only done Velious stuff on EQ Live.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

The obvious one, consider another guild. A bloated guild like that with a loot council isn't going to be good to you in terms of seeing pixels quickly in the end game.

A lot of Velious leveling is a "bring your own group" type thing if you're not planning to solo. People still stick to the usual classic/Kunark paths :/
Old 05-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The obvious one, consider another guild. A bloated guild like that with a loot council isn't going to be good to you in terms of seeing pixels quickly in the end game.
Yea this is a good point. I'd suggest checking out Swish's guild. Oh wait Swish doesn't play he just posts cat gifs 14000 times and censors subreddits.

To answer your question OP there isn't a whole lot of group action going on in Velious. Your best bet is trying to get a group in Velks at Frenzy/Dogs/BM. There's occasionally groups there. For the most part people still group in Kunark dungeons as the exp is significantly better in most cases.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Skyshrine and kael faction armor will be tough if you're not guilded or willing to drop 10's of k's on mqs. There's lots of pretty decent armor upgrades though, particularly dragon armor that drops in ww, a lot of it is good for shaman too. You can probably duo most of the dragons. Kael arena can be done with a good group with some decent drops, velks too has decent drops and is decent xp. If you're looking for a duo partner hit me up, got a 57 monk always up for duoing.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea this is a good point. I'd suggest checking out Swish's guild. Oh wait Swish doesn't play he just posts cat gifs 14000 times and censors subreddits.

To answer your question OP there isn't a whole lot of group action going on in Velious. Your best bet is trying to get a group in Velks at Frenzy/Dogs/BM. There's occasionally groups there. For the most part people still group in Kunark dungeons as the exp is significantly better in most cases.
If I ran a guild it wouldn't have a loot council, it wouldn't bully smaller guilds into disbanding and it would close recruitment rather than accepting half the server for the sake of trying to be relevant in the raid discussion forum due to sheer numbers.

Also I logged in last night and didn't post 1 cat gif yesterday, sorry about that.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:35 PM
Sarnak

If swish was anything, he would finally be something. But he is nothing.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 05-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I ran a guild it wouldn't have a loot council, it wouldn't bully smaller guilds into disbanding and it would close recruitment rather than accepting half the server for the sake of trying to be relevant in the raid discussion forum due to sheer numbers.

Also I logged in last night and didn't post 1 cat gif yesterday, sorry about that.
You're totally right. BDA is a zerg guild that needs to close recruitment. That's why we consistently have less numbers for everything than A/A CSG and Anonity. We're literally the least zerg raid force out of all the major guilds. I honestly have no idea where you even get your shit from. I guess maybe like a year ago the last time you actively played we had more ppl or something?
Old 05-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're totally right. BDA is a zerg guild that needs to close recruitment. That's why we consistently have less numbers for everything than A/A CSG and Anonity. We're literally the least zerg raid force out of all the major guilds.
Okay I'll take your word for it.

lol
Old 05-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Fire Giant

Don't. The end-game is toxic and dominated by assholes.
Closed Thread