Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2019, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leifer7inches [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't aware of this exploit - (I think its appropriate to call it an exploit). But now that it seems common knowledge I don't think I will roll my paladin that I intended. I like classic EQ because it was fun and challenging. In '99-02 time frame I didn't work and I could play 10+ hours a day so being patient was much easier. I work and have a family now and I don't think I'd have much fun waiting in lines or doing /lists. It was tough enough to compete with other paladins to get Soulfire - now I'd have to compete with multitudes of raiders as well?

The p99 experience seems wonderful and it is free monetarily. But it is still extremely time consuming which is another kind of cost. It is disheartening to see that particular cost looking to be higher than I was planning. I really appreciate the community and especially those putting all the work into it, and I am going to try playing as much as possible. Maybe I will stick with that easy-peasy druid I first considered.
Absolutely play the character you want to play, and make some friends and quest for Soulfire the way the game intended. As mentioned above, paladin players on Blue have gotten the sword if they wanted it with only minimal issues. It may require some camping and discussions with other players in the zone but nothing more than what you'd face in trying to camp a Ghoulbane in Guk for yourself.