Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 03:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Planetside 1 EMU. Help us!

Hi EQ. You are the founders of EMU from the old Sony list of games.

Currently the only place we have to discuss anything Planetside 1 related is on the Planetside Universe forums.

We are currently discussing the possibility of a Planetsdie1EMU here
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=58776

We would much appreciate any input anyone has who used to play the game.

We are evening looking for advise on how to go about setting up an EMU and the rules and ways we can make the dream come true just like EQ1999. Any input or manuals/processes that we can follow would be extremely helpful at this point.

Look forward to speaking soon.

Thanks

OpolE
Old 07-30-2015, 02:20 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Planetside 1 is still alive but quiet at times. You can play https://launch.soe.com/installer/PS_setup.exe
Old 07-30-2015, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

Ho. ly. Shit. I would love for this to become a reality. Planetside 1 is the game that really made me quit EQ live back in the day and no FPS has ever come close in my eyes to creating a game quite like it. The unique characteristics of a world where it was simultaneously huge in scope yet a small platoon of good players could make a huge impact is what really drew me to it. Honestly if Sony had just revamped Planetside 1 graphics and removed BFRs then it could have been quite the incredible game.

Good luck to everyone involved in this process. I really hope to one day be playing this emulator.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Did they axe the last live server? I played there last year.

Low pop was a real REAL problem though.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

Just out of curiosity, why was PS1 better than PS2?

What changed?
Old 07-30-2015, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What changed?
I played PS2 for a couple of months casually. Harder to get into, guilds/clans are quite cliquey and people generally don't listen or follow if you put an objective up as a squad leader. Also it would lock up my newly bought PC last August, nothing else has made my PC struggle since.

Add to that all the Station Cash incentives locking the best weapons (everything from rifles, sniper rifles, vehicles) behind a paywall and it didn't hold my attention. The old PS1 subscription based model was a lot better for the game I think. Core Combat kinda ruined the game imo but I have lots of fond memories of bridge battles in Hossin on my old dial up connection [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-30-2015, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What changed?
PS1 was much much more friendly to new players to get into. It was also much easier to dive right into the action. Another huge gripe to me is what Swish was referring to about the Station Cash pay to win model they introduced. Instead of leveling up your character and choosing your role, in PS2 you had specific classes and could either level up through set guns or buy them with real life money. It was just never the same
Old 07-30-2015, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Wish I had this guy's voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFrKQedSf8I - made the game funny.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

I enjoyed taking guns ect. off of other people after killing them, even if it was not your faction. Its something I really wish were possible in PS2.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

I would play this.
Closed Thread