Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-24-2016, 08:03 PM
Large Rat

Default spells files out of date, HELP! respond quickly I wanna play tonight lol

When I logged into eq for the first time in many months it said my spells files were out of date. I went to the getting started page and downloaded the new P99Files43.zip and extracted it to my Everquest Titanium directory and replaced all the stuff and I started eq up again aaaand same problem. So now I go do this again but first deleting dbstr_us.txt and spells_us.txt because I read somewhere on a reddit forum that it fixes it but still no luck. Can someone tell me if i'm even doing this right or help me through it please?
Old 12-24-2016, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=259730
Old 12-24-2016, 09:36 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in that post you said "The spell files from the Getting Started guide are out of date, and shouldn't be downloadable unless your browser has the zip stored in temp files. So if you're installing those, that would explain the issue - here are the current files: http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files43.zip", the zip file you linked is whats on the Getting Started page so idk what you mean
Old 12-25-2016, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

Looks like the link in the Getting Started guide has been updated since I wrote that - but I didn't link that thread because of my post, I linked it because there are a few different suggestions you can try.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 12-25-2016 at 12:16 AM..
Old 12-25-2016, 06:02 PM
Large Rat

Default fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like the link in the Getting Started guide has been updated since I wrote that - but I didn't link that thread because of my post, I linked it because there are a few different suggestions you can try.
I just reinstalled eq titanium and it fixed the problem
Old 12-25-2016, 11:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am having this same problem. Tried every suggestion listed here and in the post linked (restarted, reinstalled EQ Titanium, replaced files multiple times, etc etc). Are we sure the files in the download are 100% current?
Old 12-25-2016, 11:41 PM
Fire Giant

download the newest p99 patch. that usually works m8.