Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modwolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone will go here at 35 if they can solo or not. The rules are cut and dry. They won't change. Complain all you want you won't get a stone until the person ahead of you does.
Except I believe it's been said that blocking the list from progressing because you show up and can't kill the mob and refuse to engage, you can be petitioned for that
Old 11-14-2019, 11:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if i show up to heal as a cleric, am last on list, and then am basically abandoned (for whatever reason), i am shit out of luck although am on top of list now???
You are good, not everyone is stupid and will help. They waste their own time not helping kill.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:00 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason you ended up in the situation wasn't because of Grakken. The reason you ended up in the situation was because you listed for something that you can't kill without help. If you show up to list for something that you can't solo, then you accept the risk that other people might not help you and therefore you'd have to give up your spot if you're number 1 on the list.
Can you point out where that rule is listed? I cannot find it anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't disagree that it's kind of rude not to help the person who is number 1 kill the mob, but there's no obligation to. Therefore, you put yourself in this situation because you listed when you're not able to actually kill the mob. No one else is to blame for the situation.
Here is the thing. I didn't expect him to help me. When he said he wasn't going to help and he will wait until I solo one I didn't beg him to continue to kill it. I didn't come and make a forum thread and cry about it. I said okay. I started looking for people who could help me with it.

Eventually people showed up and things started rolling again. I followed the rules for /list.

If you disagree with the rules you can give your feedback and maybe they will change it. If they want people to solo it I would suggest upping the level requirement to something that suggest, "You need to be able to solo this" or just add, "You need to be able to solo this" as part of the rules.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:09 AM
Aviak

Book up?
Old 11-14-2019, 11:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is the thing. I didn't expect him to help me. When he said he wasn't going to help and he will wait until I solo one I didn't beg him to continue to kill it. I didn't come and make a forum thread and cry about it. I said okay. I started looking for people who could help me with it.

Eventually people showed up and things started rolling again. I followed the rules for /list.
Post when you get the stone. Is grakken sitting in a corner pouting that you got help?
Old 11-14-2019, 11:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Except I believe it's been said that blocking the list from progressing because you show up and can't kill the mob and refuse to engage, you can be petitioned for that
where did you hear this BS, show me were a Dev/GM/Guide has said it is petition able not another player saying it
Old 11-14-2019, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
No, it wasn't actually. You're inferring things from Llandris' post without getting proper clarification on what he meant. I certainly interpreted his post differently than you are right now.

Personally, I think you're confused about camps and lists.

Think of it this way: You have a full exp group camping ass/sup right now and everyone has their guise already and cannot list.

I arrive and list. Now what you're suggesting is I have to be able to kill the ghoul assassin. Sounds good, but does that now mean you're not allowed to touch him or his ph until the list is empty? That doesn't make any sense. The camp and list are different things.

Daldaen put it best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crovax isn’t claiming the camp here. He’s just on the list.

Any group is able to come in, take the camp and kill EE and loot all the bags they want. They don’t have to invite Crovax, they don’t have to buff him, they don’t even have to talk to him.

The camp is open and free to be claimed.

The one caveat is that if a Manastone drops, he will get it. That’s the whole point of the list system. This is working as intended. You know, except for the drop rate part.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

wow. Did not see this one coming. The top six people on the /list should help kill place holders, period.

yall need pvp , bad.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Stay strong bro don't give up. The retards not helping are just trying to bully you out. Ignore them you aren't doing anything wrong.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:40 AM
Kobold

I don't see anywhere where it says that you have to be able to -solo- the mob in question in order to advance. Now, you should be able to maintain a group able to clear it, sure. That I can't dispute

And to be fair, he IS trying to do that. It's the other people on the list who are being pricks about it, and refusing to help because they'd rather see him bumped from the list then just help the process along, and we can clearly see that.

So no, I don't think he's the real A-hole here.