Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 04:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its called GINA and apparently devs cant do anything to stop it because it reads logs and funnels the info into the UI

they would have to do something to logs to prevent it
Which wouldn't be classic because programming gina in 1999 would've been trivial, although people were too in awe that they could talk to somebody in Ohio while they were in Missouri at the time to care or think of it.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledgedbeard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was a cleric on the Nag kill.

I ran in twice to try and die to get mana. The first time was pointless because he was AoEing so infrequently I ended up running back to just med.

The second time, right after I died, we killed him, so I didn't even need to do it.

Those who think we won because we were chain-sac'ing healers are off their rocker. We actually had some issues with overhealing, and it was like our 2nd attempt, so we could have tightened it up even more if we wanted to. Sac'ing healers was a strategy we decided to use to finish off that attempt, but was in no-way how we accomplished it.

As far as having healers out of LoS... uh, that's just normal EQ raid positioning.

Not sure what else was "cheese".

I've done more Naggys than I can count. The only "cheese" I saw was having a guild full of a bunch of experienced raiders who didn't panic, listened to instructions, and helped each other out to accomplish a server first.
I have no issue with how you killed Naggy, but let's not pretend it was the work of expert Everquest tacticians.

Your tank had to be taught how to use a Mallet, and turn walk on mid raid.

It was good work, surprised it died this early after launch, but Seal Team still has much to learn before they are masters of Everquest.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Mallet spam should be nerfed too
Old 11-15-2019, 04:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its called GINA and apparently devs cant do anything to stop it because it reads logs and funnels the info into the UI

they would have to do something to logs to prevent it
Thanks for the clarification, on both points
Old 11-15-2019, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I Duoed Naggy by clearing the fire giants with my 70 berserker, then switching to my 52 Erudite Sk loaded with Dwerium jewellery supported by friend's froglok wizard that shrouded down to lvl 50 kobold cleric shroud.

EQ got pretty whacky as it expanded.
Oh this was before zerker.. was a monk and shammy if i remember right. Luclin era
Old 11-15-2019, 04:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
6 years of kunark or whatever that shit was is what happened.
Red99 should have stayed kunark forever, velious is terrible on every level

only the losers in empire wanted it, and they griefed everyone until they raided uncontested for months and thousands of hours, got best in slot then quit because there was nothing to do.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh this was before zerker.. was a monk and shammy if i remember right. Luclin era
no way did a 52 monk and shammy duo naggy in the luclin era.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by welly321 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no way did a 52 monk and shammy duo naggy in the luclin era.
A 52 monk soloed naggy on Blue. Blurry video evidence.

Edit: I take it back. That's not the video I meant. Maybe I was thinking of the Emperor Chottal one. Didn't a 52 monk solo Nagafen on Blue?? With, like, bags upon bags of consumables?
Last edited by Videri; 11-15-2019 at 05:22 PM..
Old 11-15-2019, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A 52 monk soloed naggy on Blue. Blurry video evidence.
That video was uploaded in 2007....Blue came out in 2009? .....
Old 11-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Oh shoot, I must have found the wrong video. I should have known. The one I meant has GINA all over it.
Closed Thread