Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 01:51 PM
Large Bat

Default When was your class the most and least fun to play and why?

I'm sure this thread pops up every now and then, but, with the new green/teal timeline upon us, in what era (or specific patch) was your class the most fun and why?

And to have a good amount of negativity (just to balance everything out), when was your class the least fun to play?
Old 11-18-2019, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Ranger:

Most fun, Planes of Power (AA from Luclin and elemental bows to make rogues cry over AM3/EQ)

Least fun, Kunark (mobs hit harder, warrior taunt broken 51+, chain-class mitigation, aggro issues from low delay weapons, the fix to the class was.... Jolt.)

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-18-2019, 02:13 PM
Kobold

Necros were probably the most fun around the time that AAs really started to pile up and things like Wake the Dead, and Summon Skeletal Archers were in place.

I was also a Dwarf Paladin, and I enjoyed that greatly post Luclin, when the XP penalty was gone, because it was pretty pointless IMO and has deterred me from ever rolling one here.

I still enjoy Kunark-Velious Era for playing and reliving what made EverQuest EQ, and that's why I'm here.

People will shoot me for saying it, but my golden days were around Luclin/PoP. Nice mix of variety for zones etc, even if fast travel destroyed immersion. Most of that has to do with the people I was hanging with at the time. Had a great group of core friends that played every day, and we had some wonderful times.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:42 PM
Kobold

Mage PoP: mages could green pet pull anything in the game, pets enrage and stun up to level 6000. Surprisingly high number of raid mobs not even flagged immune to stun. Perfect for mage groups. Also pet canni was super OP.

Druid PoP: druids can charm mobs in storms and tactics that hit for 500 and backstab. Load pet up with slow stick, conflag dagger, tola robe and -MR gear. Pet procing 70% slow, with the druid CH is so OP.

Summoning mod rods wasn't fun but atleast they became super OP for a time in luclin.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

Paladin, Enchanter, Monk are all super fun classes to play.

Paladins are fun agro tanks that can save a team member from a massive experience loss once every 72 minutes. You can solo okay, if you lend your HP bar extra bubbles by using heals, but the game seems to force Paladins to MISS MISS MISS more often so that they aren't overpowered. Paladins also get to remind players how insanely strong the root spell is, and that they should be using it more often than they think. Not all groups need enchanters, but all groups need people who are good at using root.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

I'm actually writing a guide called The what you'll love what you'll hate guide for each class as another class guide based on an old similar guide on Anarchy Online. This topic will be useful [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-19-2019, 12:04 AM
Kobold

Ranger, when I first started.

I didn't really worry about what other classes could do or how my dps compared with other classes or anything like that. I was just into exploring the game world and progressing at a leisurely pace.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:27 AM
Aviak

Necromancer

Least fun: launch

Most fun: Velious (really Pop/OOW)

The why is the most interesting part. Verant didn't understand how players were using the class and so the gear and spells evolved into the way the players were playing it already.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:32 AM
Planar Protector

Rogue: Consistently fun, but having the epic and better weapons as we progressed through Kunark and then Velious made the damage/usefulness better and better <3

Definitely nice to have double backstab and assassinate was fun, nobody else in the game can do 32000 in one hit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-19-2019, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

Class didn't matter, the most fun was the first couple of months after Kunark went live.
Closed Thread