Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 06:00 PM
Banned

I love eq not just because the nostalgia but its a game that is great and unlike any other mmo with an unmatched social structure (until they added the bazaar and mercs hence why I'm here).

High hopes that Pantheon will be able to re create the magic.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok boomer. EverQuest is the best game of all time and the best game that will ever be. All the games these young kids are playing these days are absolute trash. Only your warped, ridiculous subjective opinion matters.
Correct.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct.
Literally delusional. Sad.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

there's a lot of custom servers and live servers with QoL changes and the like. populations come and go... some of them are so custom they cant get off the ground

its genuinely ok if you dont want to play p99. its kind of hardcore and i think we ought to respect peoples' decisions to move on with their lives. especially if this isnt the first time you've done those same grinds/camps. actual not trolling. if you dont enjoy it, move on man

the beautiful thing about p99 has always been that the staff is dedicated to preserving it so it will always (well who knows, but its been 10 years) be here in more or less the same form if you decide to take a break
Old 12-06-2019, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there's a lot of custom servers and live servers with QoL changes and the like. populations come and go... some of them are so custom they cant get off the ground

its genuinely ok if you dont want to play p99. its kind of hardcore and i think we ought to respect peoples' decisions to move on with their lives. especially if this isnt the first time you've done those same grinds/camps. actual not trolling. if you dont enjoy it, move on man

the beautiful thing about p99 has always been that the staff is dedicated to preserving it so it will always (well who knows, but its been 10 years) be here in more or less the same form if you decide to take a break
The problem I have is that p99 was very good and pretty hardcore. Not giving mage pets? putting in a /list system? Using unclassic zems that filter everyone in the game into guk and hhk?

Not sure how any of these things are hardcore.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 12-06-2019, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

those things that were removed will be added in per schedule, as was outlined and promised at the beginning of your at-will, free participation in this classic project

/list was added because people are assholes and staff knows that. i'm summarizing here but you wouldnt have a chance at these items if it wasnt there, so be grateful if you want one

zems, not sure what youre talking about. if you care, post it in the bug forums. that seems like an oversight or lack of information that the staff is always asking the community to seek out and rectify

the point of p99 isnt to be hardcore. that part is just my opinion. i play on a lot of tlp's and live servers and p99 is generally regarded to be one of the hardest places for a regular player to level and gear up
Old 12-07-2019, 12:32 AM
Kobold

Same thing happened with WoW Classic. Prior to the splitting of the servers I would be in zones and kept getting jumped by the Alliance. Random players I didn't even know would get my back. Was it difficult to level up? Of course, but it was exciting.

Once they split the servers the excitement and thrill were gone. After that you could be standing around all alone with nobody but you for as far as you could see. No more getting jumped, no more thrill of play, no more meeting random people through circumstances....but you had the whole of zones all to yourself. You could log in ... to a hollow world.

This just happened with P99 Green/Teal. No more thrill for the same reasons the thrill of Classic WoW lost the thrill. Neither game should have split the servers to make things easier on people. Those people that came for the thrill found themselves standing alone in a forest wondering wtf is everyone. It's BYOF - bring your own friends ... now. It could have been a great thrill forever playing through the entire journey just like week 1. Now it won't. Sad. All for the sake of convenience.
Last edited by Forsh; 12-07-2019 at 12:36 AM..
Old 12-07-2019, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

Splitting the servers was a massive error
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-07-2019, 01:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Splitting the servers was a massive error
can still be remedied so no reason to be an alarmist yet
Old 12-07-2019, 02:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can still be remedied so no reason to be an alarmist yet
The staff is going to run this server into the ground. Once a new tlp server comes out, see what happens.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Closed Thread