Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 11:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, I can already see the backlash if they did this.

What gets me is it's people's own fault for waiting months after launch to get in line for these items. I was at jboots camp the 2nd week of green. then manastone some time shortly after. I have 3 jboots, 2 guise and 1 manastone within the first month and a half.

I don't even humor the idea of sitting in any of these lines again for any reason.

If you're after manastone, farm plat and buy one before the drops end. <-it's more sane and possibly faster.
Lol. People’s own fault for not having the time or instability required to camp out 6 list items. Server launch was an absolute shit show. If you made it to list by second week then you were of the lucky few who got into the right spots at the right times.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stop fucking crying
It's rare uuruk and I agree.

But Jesus!
Old 01-19-2020, 11:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misek84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So happy i alrdy got my manastone
it's gonna keep that bank spot nice and warm once kunark is out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2020, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

Loramin you are better than this (I think.)
Old 01-20-2020, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin you are better than this (I think.)
This must be the nicest thing you've ever said to me on this forum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Look, I really don't get all the hate. I'm totally ok with removing, or with never having list items in the first place (in fact, the latter would have been my preference, given that we're unclassically nerfing other stuff way in advance).

But IF we're going to have them, what is so wrong with wanting them to work like anything else in the game which is even remotely similar? With the goblin or scout rolls, with the best raid loot, with the rarest epic camps ... you put in your time and hope for good luck. And even in classic, with classic, GM-enforced, lists ... that's how it worked!

So what is so wrong, on a server designed to emulate live, with wanting lists to be more like live? And also like everything else in EQ/P99? Why do list items have to be some special reward that's only for people who don't sleep for four days or have friends playing their account? That's all I want to know.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-20-2020 at 11:17 AM..
Old 01-20-2020, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone keeps saying there was no advanced warning but they literally told everyone that teal and green would merge back together, and that it *might* be at kunark but that it would ultimately depend on the populations of the two servers. It literally just happened today, give it some time and everything will reach a natural equilibrium sheesh. And you dont HAVE to grind exclusively in highkeep and unrest you know.
I would venture to guess that they wanted the population to be a certain amount in and around certain level ranges. They probably monitored this closely and realized that he 850 green added with 750 teal minus those playing both came out to the number they wanted and decided to merge. We had 1300 on prime time on a Sunday after the merge. Where it was like 1400-1500 the previous days combined. So maybe 10% of the population was 2 boxing both. Perhaps they wanted the server pop between 1k and 1500 combined and got where they wanted it.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Shame on you for not spending 36 hours of your christmas holiday sitting in a dungeon for rare pixels
Old 01-20-2020, 02:58 PM
Aviak

Would it be considered RMT to hire a team of nerds to camp it for me?
Old 01-20-2020, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

I'm on a list right now. I just clicked the AFK box and in about 4 mins I find out if I move up to the #1 spot. Meanwhile I'm watching the teevee. Oh it's so hard.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:12 PM
Banned

Seriously lists were fast as hell for months.... Blame yourselves
Closed Thread