Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 11:35 PM
Banned

Imagine contributing to the hero worship of NFL thugs in 2020.

Absolutely disgusting ��
Old 02-03-2020, 11:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, I haven’t see any ads cause I don’t see ads as entertainment, but are people really pretending a company knowing everything about you to the point of being able to help you remember you life as heart warming?

You should be terrified. You are the product.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboshaman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was so good. Got a little teary-eyed, NGL. So I asked..Google: Help me remember the Teal server.

And it was a truly wondrous landscape. Photos flooded my memory - Kingdom and Black Lotus coexisted and married in harmony. The /list on Manastone was 5 people. A person gets their legacy item. How long you ask? 31 hours. Is the Lord camp open at 10AM est on a weekday? Yup. Because its Teal Server.

What should I ask Google next?
Sounds like you should consider WoW or the TLPs
Old 02-04-2020, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The commercials this year were absolute trash. They were all just something stupid + random celeb cameo.
Very much this. Especially the political ad. Fuck.

That halftime show though. Best ever. Something out of a fantasy. If you have not watched it you should. Hot. On par with Whitney's National Anthem performance.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 02-04-2020, 01:48 AM
Fire Giant

I agree about the celebrity/nonsense commercials. It was definitely the same last year as well. High $$$ + low effort. Wal Mart replaced celebrity with a billion scenes of licensed film products. Super-pandering political ad was ridiculous as well.

But, that Hyundai Smaht Pahk ad was pretty fucking funny (to me at least). And I liked the Maisie Williams/Audi ad as well. The Tide theme was flat, which is unfortunate because Charlie Day is fucking great.

But it all kind of sad at the end. Mega companies that offer very little but say all sorts of great things about themselves. Shitty beer, shitty mega-stores, shitty presidents and fast food.
Closed Thread