Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

Enchanter really isn’t that hard with all the information and videos available. Just watch the Tecmos solo videos and he teaches you all the tricks and strategies you need. They can really be used in almost any camp.

They are the best in almost every single situation. Strongest solo class, best group dps, Best crowd control,, Best mana regen, second best slow. In classic and Kunark they are so overpowered it’s not even funny.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't worry SKs and Pally's, I'll always be there to scoop you up. Nothing beats having a hybrid tank in the group.
Good. You can have them. It wouldn't be so bad if they were skilled players. But, I feel like shitty keyboard turning backpeddlers gravitate toward the "snap aggro" since they're too unskilled to play a warrior.

And then they afk incessantly while sucking all the xp out of the group.

No, thanks, take your HIE pally ass, who is encumbered by their own fucking armor, and go solo. Stop making your poor choice to level a dogshit hybrid before various my XP nerf.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrekt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good. You can have them. It wouldn't be so bad if they were skilled players. But, I feel like shitty keyboard turning backpeddlers gravitate toward the "snap aggro" since they're too unskilled to play a warrior.

No, thanks, take your HIE pally ass, who is encumbered by their own fucking armor, and go solo. Stop making your poor choice to level a dogshit hybrid before various my XP nerf.
Agree 1000%.

Note to players: Just because Ghoulbane is cheap as shit, doesn't mean you need to make a Pally. I don't want that kaka Flash of Light arbitrarily making mobs go nuts and run off to gather a train. And Rangers, you don't need to snare mobs IMMEDIATELY when they're pulled and draw aggro from the tanks.

People love Pally's and SK's because they can get aggro faster than a Warrior. This is true. But rather than simply relying on that, healers and DPS need to learn how to control their OWN aggro. That means not healing the tank the second he takes damage, or slowing a mob when it's unnecessary (and unless you're in the 40's, it IS unnecessary), or nuking the shit out of a mob right off the bat.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:02 PM
Banned

warriors have like no aggro, they have nothing that can gain aggro other then a bash with a shield ( most dont use one ) or a crappy proc weapon which generates a little bit.

All you can do is ask your casters to root mobs so they can get closer
Old 02-12-2020, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrekt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yikes.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 02-12-2020, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

even shitty enchanters are a boon
Old 02-13-2020, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IT'S BEGINNING!

I'm only level 16 and I'm starting to fall in love with every class that runs in front of me.

Here's my issue. My main is a rogue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I absolutely love playing him but as a casual player, I don't have 2 hours a day to spend lfg, before I join my group for 2 more hours of back-stab time. So after researching solutions online, the best (and only) solution that comes to mind is create an alt that is solo friendly while you lfg as your main.

Solo Classes That I Don't Want To Play
Druid - Too many, un-wanted even at 50. No thanks.
Necromancer - Impossible epic as casual player.
Magician - Seems hella boring, impossible epic as casual player, pets re-searchable and crazy $$$.
Enchanter - Too difficult to play well unless EQ pro?

Solo Classes I'm considering
Shaman - Too many, managing spell book is a nightmare?

Non-Solo Class I'm Considering
Cleric - Always needed right? seems boring though.
Bard - Too many, too difficult to play well unless EQ pro?

HELP ME DECIDE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P.S Looking for friends to level with 8pm+ EST (have mic)
Bards are not numerous at all for how powerful they are. They are not as difficult as people think. Their twisting is no harder then any modern games ability rotating.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:24 AM
Aviak

Just a consideration:
Healer / tanks / CC are very important in groups but normaly there are just one place for each one, this mean if there are 3 camps on a dungeon just 3 tanks have room at same time, and this is why being a tank / healer / cc can being insta find group or can being alot hours waiting some one leave you a free slot.

Each group have 3 or 4 dps slots this mean there are alot more oportunities to a DPS to find a slot, but they are rare being a insta pick and people evaluate alot what kind of DPS you are, are you the tipical AFK dps? This cant happens if you are the tank/healer/cc role, no way you being the AFK healer, the AFK tank or the AFK CC.

This mean groups can pick a bad healer, why they need it, but can pass to pick a bad DPS and whait a better one come
Sycopata (Troll Warrior) 65 Clan Odisea -Solusek Ro
Last edited by sycopata666; 02-13-2020 at 08:28 AM..
Old 02-13-2020, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Don't stay away from an Enchanter due to difficulty. As others have already addressed, the class isn't especially difficult to play in the mechanic sense. The Enchanter's deficiencies are of a somewhat different nature: Even when played well a solo Enchanter tends to die more frequently than most other classes, creating frustration potential. There's a bit of random associated with the way that class plays. The Enchanter also requires a lot of attention with potential nuisance if a player wants to go away from keyboard.

Necromancer epic is difficult to obtain but also largely unnecessary. It should only be a consideration if "complete an epic" is one of your primary goals as a player.

Danth
Old 02-13-2020, 09:07 AM
Banned

Enc is easy to play and brokenly powerful, just play that
Closed Thread