Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

I dont follow.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have updated my prediction with this new Sad Joe banner.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is because I think Biden is going to keep Minnesota.

Ok, ok I don't really think Biden will keep Minnesota. I'm just giving him one for not dying from the rigors of haltingly shouting so far, mostly. I mean alternating between staring into the void with hands in their pockets and suddenly yelling out stuff about bridges sure can take a lot out of a man.
National polling would need to move more than Clinton-Bush or be more off than Truman-Dewey. It's possible, I guess.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:24 PM
Banned

2020's Music Video
Old 10-19-2020, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I learned something today because of you. Thank you. I didn't know C19 caused pneumonia.

You bring up a good point though, I think this debate hinges on responsibility and what people expect from their Government.

My expectations for my government are that they protect our country from foreign powers through the military. They protect my rights, primarily through negative rights vs positive rights.

Is it the governments role to force me to wear a mask as a 35 year old healthy human? Or is the responsibility of the 65 year old female who weighs 450lbs to limit her interactions with the public and wear her mask and be hyper vigilant? I lean heavily on it's the role of the individual. You seem to want the Government to enforce and dictate how we should all be acting despite obviously disparate risk factors across the population.

BTW: I wear a mask daily as my job as a IT Field tech requires me to travel and visit retail environments. So my exposure has been as high as any job out there, so my risk level of getting it are higher, so I wear my mask. It's simple
The government shouldn’t have to force you or anyone else to do anything. Your Christian soul should’ve compelled you to do the right thing without being asked. Sadly, we don’t live in the country of my youth. Or maybe we do. This place is slowly lurching towards becoming a shit hole like Iran

SAD!
Old 10-19-2020, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question is whether you believe being neighborly is authoritarian, just because one political party says it is a metaphor for it.
Being neighborly implies an element of choice though, and also I think some self-sacrifice. Like you choose to take the time to rake your elderly neighbor's leaves when you could be leveling your Troll. I think that's an important distinction - if I am being compelled to perform an action through the threat of fines or imprisonment, my resulting actions can't really be characterized as neighborly.

I wear my mask outside not because I think it's effective or because I'm legally mandated, it's because I know my elderly neighbors are terrified and I don't want to scare them - I'm being neighborly because I make that conscious decision every time I go out. It's not their fault they're scared and it's only a little inconvenience.

If the government threatened me with jail for not wearing one, I would grow to resent my neighbors. Eventually I would cough on their doorknobs some dark morning. No one wants that, with the Ring cameras everywhere.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In April 1939 Roosevelt sent a letter to Hitler asking Hitler to promise not to attack 31 countries, which Roosevelt listed.

Hitler told him to fuck off and then the entire Reich laughed.

You know what happened later - math difficulties that bedevil us to this day.

Let's not go down that road again. Please.

In light of Rudy's warning, I ask all Biden Allies and Supporters to not attack or kill anyone. Please. Do not kill us, or really anyone.

Can you make that pledge or will you laugh at us like Hitler?

LIKE HITLER!!!
Strange post weirdo. Pull a gun on any black teenagers lately?

Fun fact: I could crush all of Africa with just my Shepherd’s hands. No gun needed
Old 10-19-2020, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The government shouldn’t have to force you or anyone else to do anything. Your Christian soul should’ve compelled you to do the right thing without being asked. Sadly, we don’t live in the country of my youth. Or maybe we do. This place is slowly lurching towards becoming a shit hole like Iran

SAD!
You chose to ignore my statement about how I do wear my mask.

Should the police arrest jews who are celebrating outside in larger groups while ignoring protesters? Explain how that's ok.

Bellamy again on top of it with his comments regarding being forced to be neighborly isn't being neighborly, it's tyranny.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Tyranny is a strong word stop being dramatic
Old 10-19-2020, 01:49 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2020, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You chose to ignore my statement about how I do wear my mask.

Should the police arrest jews who are celebrating outside in larger groups while ignoring protesters? Explain how that's ok.

Bellamy again on top of it with his comments regarding being forced to be neighborly isn't being neighborly, it's tyranny.
Bellamy admitted to pulling a gun on a teenager who knocked on his door

Very weird perception of tyranny and force from your perspective. I didn’t answer because I would not have allowed either the protests against masks or the later BLM protests. But I didn’t write the constitution, which enshrines the right to assemble and protest in the first amendment. It does not protect a person’s individual right to deny science and become a disease vector

It’s great that you wear a mask. It’s bad that somehow America is unique in the developed world in that we have to even ask our citizens to do so. This isn’t an issue in Japan, Taiwan, France or Spain. Some countries haven’t done well, but at least they tried. We have 500,000 people meeting up for a biker rally in sturgis. It doesn’t make sense and it’s utterly indefensible.