Yes 27 28.13%
No 14 14.58%
George Bush coughed on the towers 55 57.29%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes! Patriam and Castle are saying some useful things as well. I feel like we are finally getting a few decent posts here in this thread now!

Just to be clear, I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with the world as it is right now. It is serving its intended purpose perfectly.

Your points regarding the financial bubble are well taken. But the US national debt is currently $27 trillion. 4% interest would require about $1 trillion in interest per year. Historically it has been impossible for countries to pay off over 100% debt/GDP in real terms. So we have to choose between a deflationary collapse (massive defaults) or inflationary collapse (Venezuela/Weimar Germany style wheelbarrows of printed cash).

Yes, I agree 100%, but how do you plan to accomplish this within a political system that is obviously designed NOT to work? The fact of the matter is that a substantial fraction of Americans prefer the status quo. You have the welfare leeches on the bottom, the people who like the moral superiority of lecturing their betters, and of course the psychopaths at the top who have no intention of letting go of their power.

Like I told Castle, the devil is in the details.
Well, destroying the institutions beyond repair, like not accepting election results, is absolutely the worst idea. What comes next would likely be worse

Reform is an uphill battle, notably because our population can’t seem to avoid bad food, drugs, and bad decision making. I’m not sure where we go from here, but bottom line, there will have to be much more serious consequences for corruption. Marginally higher taxes on certainly the wealthiest 1%, but probably the top 10%. Massive cuts to programs like disability, which is extremely abused, look at how many more people remarkably became disabled during the pandemic. It’s bull shit. The military budget has to be halved, public pensions disbursed only after an additional 10 years of service (a military career is 30 years instead of 20). In short, belt tightening across the board. Personally, I would cut all forms of welfare and replace them with a UBI. It’s more egalitarian and if you fuck up, boohoo

Frankly, we’re heading that way anyway. Housing prices have gone from 3-5 times the annual salary to 5-10x, depending where you live. People think that welfare benefits them, but the policies, like deficit spending, that enable this actually don’t benefit those at the bottom of the economic pyramid. This has been true for a while. I bought a house in Utah a while ago for a vacation home because there was literally nothing else to do wirh my money, in addition to putting it in trusts for grandchildren. If I were a real ass hole, I could buy 4-5 homes and rent them around the Houston area, which is exactly the result of our historically low interest rates. IF the american dream is predicated on owning a home (I’m not sure I buy that premise), the welfare state and low interest rates are antithetical to the interest of the working poor

As for political reform, that’s going to take a popular person who doesn’t get Gracchi’d. But the Republican and democratic parties are trash right now
Old 10-20-2020, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

And to be clear, Trump has made worse, in a serious manner, every problem we face. We don’t even have credibility with our allies in the struggle against China. The economist released a horrifying account of what’s happening to the Uyghurs today. It’s out and out genocide, and somehow we no longer have the moral high ground to do anything about this.

SAD!!!!! YUUUUGE failure
Old 10-20-2020, 09:17 PM
Sarnak

Trump made our trade issue worse? He corrected the spiral of our economy and 2019 and 2020 have been the biggest growth years america ever had

your post proves you have no money in real life at all.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:22 PM
Banned

Economy literally the best in generations and fools believe Trump wasn’t an economic boon for America. Best numbers for poor, black you name it. Yet he’s racist and a fool.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Trade deficit with China is up. I know when trump tells you guys you believe it hook line and sinker, but it isn’t reality.

The economy is horrible right now, and it cost an additional $7 trillion in debt. Parallel universes I guess. Did you address home prices? How about rent? Is life getting easier for Americans?
Old 10-20-2020, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Funny to see all these "China experts" in the thread, lol
Old 10-20-2020, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriarchist
Is life getting easier for Americans?
Let's ask Americans. Yep.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hobqwcnhcuohd8gvv29fjq.jpg (19.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-20-2020, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Do smart people look directly at eclipses? Just curious
Old 10-20-2020, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jib makes disingenuous claims to try and invite big brains like me.
I believe my posts are extremely sincere, I dont try to attack people. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2020, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And to be clear, Trump has made worse, in a serious manner, every problem we face. We don’t even have credibility with our allies in the struggle against China. The economist released a horrifying account of what’s happening to the Uyghurs today. It’s out and out genocide, and somehow we no longer have the moral high ground to do anything about this.

SAD!!!!! YUUUUGE failure
Yeah, so we should die for the Uyghurs today and Armenia tomorrow? A nice new row of American boys in the ground so we can save insurrectionists and ethnic cleansers.

Here's a list of our problems (internationally):

Nothing. Fuck all ya'll.

Here's a list of things we should solve (internationally):

Get bent. Fix your own samovar or rickshaw.

We used to have problems. Problems like too many wars. We had like three going at one time? I think we're down to half, maybe a quarter of a war now?

We used to have a problem with Iran, what happened to those guys? We only had to publicly assassinate one of them on Trump's whim? Damn I thought those monkeys were a bit tougher.

What happened to North Korea? Kim was all like look at me I have rockets look at me I'm blowing up fishing boats I'm a big big problem! And Trump went there and Kim spent all that time just sucking Trump's dick the entire time. He's still sucking it, remotely because of covid of course.

Remember with all those fucked up NATO EU people and how we had to shine them up to get anything done? Turns out we don't need them and they all suck. Trump went there and literally yelled at them and started giving them the sieg heil and all that obedience kicked right in and it was yes sir no sir right away.

Remember the Palestinian problem? It's gone! Do you know why no one gives a flying fuck about the Palestinians all of a sudden? Because Trump sent his meddling son-in-law to end run around their interests and now they're all crying why won't the Arabs support our stupid claims. Ha ha ha, I mean everyone saw the octopus cartoon; let's say you have an octopus - you're not just going to leave it around, that thing is smart and can open jars. So you put your octopus to work and problem solved. (Unless you have a problem with the octopus which I don't. They're cool. Everyone knows what happens when the octopuses get too smart. It's like the problem solutions itself. In modern-day speak.)

Anyway, aside from that weirdly not-really-but anti-octopic diatribe, problems solved.

Trump has indeed solved all the problems we had and at the same time made all new problems impossible. They can't form. Like thoughts in a leftists brain.
Closed Thread