Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 01:26 PM
Large Rat

Default Seriously what was the logic into merging Teal and Green into 1?

The problems this has created is as follows...

Everyone knows the high ZEM zones - those zones super-camped.
People now just sitting infornt of spawns, killing 3 mobs per 18 mins.
More arguments now.
Impossible of getting a group as the groups are struggling to find mobs.
WHY, WHY, WHY????

Real EQ - has combated this and created instances so you can have like 20 instances of Seb, Lguk, etc.

You are trying to re-create classic but failing miserably!
In classic there was no list and the legacy items did not have nerfed drop rates.

If servers cost money - LMAO - Why not close RED SERVER (only 22 people) - nothing makes sense

We have moved 20 years on from original eq game and lots of other options of us to go to, why have you guys made this game like watching paint dry.

You guys are wrong if you think you have improved our gaming experience.
Last edited by kemkemal1; 01-20-2020 at 01:43 PM..
Old 01-20-2020, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Half the CSR tickets
Old 01-20-2020, 01:35 PM
Aviak

Instanced dungeons in live? I stoped play in planes of power and never experienced instanced dungeons. I experienced people clearing all the zones why at some point is better kill 3 mobs with 75 ZEM than one with 150 ZEM.
The problem are alwais the same, the expensive items, and this items camps are more overpopulated in the old everquest, than now. I remember lower guk camped 24/7 and people waiting hours to get a place in groups.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Servers cost money. In theory both Green and Teal could have been virtualized on the same box, not costing any extra, but that seems unlikely. And even if it was, still, running two VMs uses more juice, more bandwidth, etc. ... not to mention the fact that two servers eat up a lot more staff time also.

Look I'm sad ... no, I'm seriously bummed out about the merger. I was prepared to go without sleep for a night or maybe two if I had to: that would suck and be unhealthy, but as a "once in my life thing" I was about to do it. But I can't stay awake for three nights straight, and that means because I chose to wait a week to do a particular list, now I'll likely never complete the last of the series of goals I had for my Teal character.

But I paid exactly $0 for the privilege of being bummed out, and it seems awfully unfair to be bitter that someone is saving some money ... when that someone is already spending a ton of time and money to let me have the rest of the P99 experience (and I'm sure I'll soon get over my bummed out-edness and go back to enjoying all that).

So the merger has me bummed out, for sure ... but I certainly don't fault the staff for not wanting to light money on fire, when they're already burning a ton just to keep these three servers going ... and when again, it's not just the money, but their time too. Volunteers willing to not play, but spend time helping others play, have got to be "rarer than gold", and now at least they'll be spread between fewer servers.

P.S. And as for "why not Red?" ... live had PvP servers and non-PvP servers. It seems the P99 folks consider it to be part of their "re-creating 1999" mission to always have a PvP server going to match the non-PvP one. But there's nothing in that "mission" that requires two classic servers.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-20-2020 at 01:58 PM..
Old 01-20-2020, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Probably to restore a classic population. 600 people per server is silly.

Contrition is a natural part of classic, deal with it.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:47 PM
Banned

i dunno but i'd like the forums to reflect only one server being left. need to get rid of the teal part.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably to restore a classic population. 600 people per server is silly.

Contrition is a natural part of classic, deal with it.
well that was a bad idea, we'll ;see, maybe it will work out.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemkemal1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone knows the high ZEM zones
Are you sure?
Old 01-20-2020, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

*crybaby post about free server*
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

I don't get why there was at least one poll, and also an announcement for Teal to be created, but no warning at all or delay before they merged.

There's definitely a large piece of the puzzle that's missing here.

I contributed almost $500USD since Green launched, so for some of us at least, it's more than "free" game. I feel that this sudden pulling-of-the-plug with no warning on Teal has shaken my confidence in the leadership, and I will be abstaining from contributing (and playing) for the foreseeable future.

I'll keep checking the forums once in a while to see how the circus is going, and probably sadly smile when the population reaches the same 500-800 sustainable level that a classic server can handle in 2020.

Anyone want to start a pool? I have some money that was just freed up.

Astuce
Closed Thread