Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgarin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For example just killed this dude: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shondo_Billin
4k times (yes I counted) to go from faction could not get any worse to cannot get any better.
Holy crap, I hope there was a way to spawn him! Even with a spawn timer of 6:40 that'd be 444 hours (not counting the actual time spent killing him!)

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 10-14-2020, 03:55 PM
Kobold

Yeah......I am not proud of the slaughter, but too far committed now to turn back on the faction-quest. I did set a timer for 6:45 to send in my pet. Sometimes he sat up for a bit, but it has been a few months since I left Erudin. On another completely unrelated note: anyone want to buy some gnome kabobs? https://wiki.project1999.com/Gnome_Kabobs
Old 10-15-2020, 02:39 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgarin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who has faction-quested a lizard necro to max ally with all the old world factions, I can assure you the kill hits are incorrect. Commons mobs usually give +1/kill. The negative hits usually start at -10 and can be much higher. The faction scale is correct as I have tested numbers from max scowling and using quests that give +1 to count thresholds.
For example just killed this dude: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shondo_Billin
4k times (yes I counted) to go from faction could not get any worse to cannot get any better.
His wiki entry showed faction as +10 per kill but it was really +1 using a 4k scale.
His entry also showed -30 to factions per kill which were tested as accurate with a 4k total scale.
THANK YOU for that clarity! And for the work you put in... holy smokes! It's good knowing for certain what the deal is, and yeah... some of the kill counts for faction had me scratching my head. Like... the Paineel newbie area - Noclin Saah (?) says he hits Heretics for -30... but I've watched those guards at his side go from apprehensive back to threatening with one kill on him. Skipped dubious entirely, so -30 seems very... low. (That is after wiping out gnolls in the Warrens, too.)

And thanks to the rest of you for giving me the number of scalps and the great quest. I'd looked into that Note quest and didn't realize the whiskers were tradeable. Perfection.

As a side note, in the attempt to get in good with the Erudites to do the potion vial quest, I now have the guards amiable to me in Erudin and apprehensive in Paineel. My Icky is getting around! They high-five me when they see me. ;D The GMs? Not so much. Ha ha. I shall keep grinding!
Old 10-15-2020, 07:59 AM
Kobold

The most difficult one for you will be "Peacekeepers" faction, few ways to raise it and there is one of their dudes sitting right at the landing teleporter from erudin palace to erudin proper. Good luck in your fights, feel free to message me here or in game (Necabe), if you have any more questions.
Closed Thread