Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know I im more disturbed by your sig or your avatar...
Old 07-16-2014, 09:07 PM
Aviak

Here are the camps that aren't too terrible as a 60 shaman with Torpor and no strings...

King/Tact/Frenzy in Lower Guk
Efreeti/Tranix/Skarlon
HS North/West
AD/HP in Seb Crypt (will need decent MR for HP)
Disco/NG in Seb (need decent resists to break Disco)
Cliff Golems (lottery ticket here...10% drop rate on spells and take 15 mins to kill)
Droga cash camps

Probably a few I'm missing, but there are a good many options. There are also other camps that can be done but are much more dangerous.

-Stinkie
Old 07-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Banned

I've spent a lot of time in hs north, shaman camping there is very very rare. Most I've seen them hold down is 1 spawn room. With how long root rotting takes and respawn times, you wouldn't be able to hold down all 3 rooms. Plus there's casters and now you gotta worry about root breaking. It was an already tough spot for a shaman and became tougher recently.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:11 PM
Sarnak

How does Fungi factor into the solo power?
Old 07-16-2014, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendyDru [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Assuming you have your epic and no Torpor:
HS entrance, North, and West all doable. West is pretty sketchy.
Efreeti is hard. Can 4rot the trash out front of his room no problem, but getting efreeti spawned and killing him without adds spawning or living if they do spawn is the tricky part. Not impossible, but need to make little to no mistakes and have RNG on your side.

With torpor:
Everything probably.
I'd like to see a shaman without torpor doing HS west... and we're not talking about just killing a few hallway mobs. Would also like to see a shaman with torpor do HS south!

A fungi tunic is significant for a shaman, although for MOST of the stuff a shaman can solo right now, once you have torpor a tunic isn't going to be a big deal.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Kobold

King Tranix is a good point. Any others?
Old 07-18-2014, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Pre torpor I don't think efreeti is possible. Even if you cleared up, you've got to deal with him and 2 adds. I'm going to ignore the possibility of FD splitting them since that ring doesn't have enough charges to make it a viable long term strategy. So best case scenario is efreeti + 2. Even without the 2 adds, efreeti's dmg output can be ridiculous and his MR is very high. You'd need to get him slowed and interrupt a vast majority of his spells to have any hope of Sup Heal being enough. Root and sitting out of LoS while dotting him down would work, but with his MR I don't think any strategy involving root is reliable. Basically you'd need to have so many things go right to even have a chance of killing him that I think the potential for pre-torpor efreeti soloing is essentially non-existent.

The only thing I could think of would be if you could get a slow landed on him, and have a pet out and push in the same direction as the pet, coupled with slam if you're a large race. If you can interrupt him he turns into a huge pansy, but getting consistent interrupts solo would be kind of sketchy.

I'm a pretty mediocre shaman, but I don't see how it would be possible without torpor.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Without torpor you are extremely limited.

With torpor you can do whatever really. Even post root-nerf, I've held down 2 HS south named spawns without much trouble. In seb, emp is very difficult without strings, but the rest of upper seb is at your whim.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does Fungi factor into the solo power?
My tunic is currently on an alt and I barely notice. This is post torpor of course. Pre torpor fungi is very important.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Fungi regen is very noticeable, even if you have Torpor. Dunno how you can "barely notice" it.