Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 12:08 PM
Kobold

I remember this happening to me in a Qyenos fountain circa 2002.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

Also the graphic for Quintessence of Elements, PoT key.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That graphic is the Scepter of Al'Kabor, given out as an artifact during the GM events leading up to the release of Luclin.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6456

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Effect: Flowing Thought 10
What was this event called? I remember getting a few items from it way back in the day but can't remember any of the item names.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:54 PM
Orc

If I recall correctly.....it was GM ran, Lore and shit around Al'krapwhore (worst wizard EVER, his spells suck). Had to be lucky enough to interact with a GM who was RPing as Al'K talk to him and such at different times at different locations around the world sending you on little RP missions. Seemed random as to what wizard was picked to get the staff.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skootr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I recall correctly.....it was GM ran, Lore and shit around Al'krapwhore (worst wizard EVER, his spells suck). Had to be lucky enough to interact with a GM who was RPing as Al'K talk to him and such at different times at different locations around the world sending you on little RP missions. Seemed random as to what wizard was picked to get the staff.
my guild leader on live had the server title "of the Nexus" I believe you gained that title when you were awarded the staff

Eelyen of the Nexus was his name
Old 03-05-2015, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by manguard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What was this event called? I remember getting a few items from it way back in the day but can't remember any of the item names.
It related to Al'Kabor's Fusibility Experiments and Teleportation to the Nexus (Luclin) that occurred over July-December 2001. The Scepter of Al'Kabor portion of the ongoing event was done around the release of the Strength of Elements (Fusibility) quest July/August 2001. The events also coincided with the release of additional translocation spells mid-Velious.

Link to official Sony EQ Lore pages for Al'Kabor's Journal.
https://web.archive.org/web/20020408...n/al_kabor.jsp

Link to Graffe write up and collections of information on the events: https://web.archive.org/web/20011216...y_research.htm

Quote:
Tuesday - July 31, 2001 ]:. . ..:.

pre-order
Luclin!

Site Additions & Updates:
Foot Armor: Boots of the Dead Dream
Mob Dropped Necklaces I: Amulet of the Storm
1H Blunt Weapons II: Scepter of Al`Kabor

3:50pm PST -Graffe

Al`Kabor's Fusibility Research:
Al`Kabor visited the Great Divide last night doing research for Fusibility. Zealpath Skyphire of the Karana server sent in a summary as well as pictures of his reward for helping out old Al with his studies -

Al`Kabor's Fusibility Research

Anyone seen Graffe? "Ya, he's camping Al`Kabor for some scepter."
10:02am PST -Graffe

Summary of the Event:

Quote:
Fusibility Research

This is a summary of one player's encounter with Al`Kabor in Great Divide:

"Well I suppose I'll just start from the beginning. Some guildmates and I were doing some clearing in Plane of Mischief when another guildmate says in guildchat "uh, what is Al'Kabor doing in GD". Thinking this would probably have something to do with the likely GD Translocate, or the anti-gate spells coming in a future patch we decided to show up and see what he'd be talking about. We ported over and ran to the spires where a gathering of people were listening to him.

When we arrived he was talking about his Fusiblity research and the ore needed to experiment with it. Eventaully he told us that he needed us to go into a nearby cave (ended up being the shardwurm cave) and find the ore.

Following his instructions we moved to the shardwurm cave and discovered an air elmental holding what looked like a velium great staff called 'Guardian Monel'. When hailed he spoke of how he was guarding the fusible ore and how he also had a brother in Western Wastes which did the same. We told the guardian we were there for the fusible ore and he stated that as long as he was there to guard it we wouldn't be getting any. This was basically a queque to fight him so after about a minute he went down and had "fusible velium ore" on his corpse, although it was not lootable (I'll guess due to the fact that he was being controlled by a GM).

Al'Kabor arrived inside the cave near the guardian corpse and "looted it", talking about how he had what he needed now. He then requested the help of an assistant for a second task, and this is where I got lucky. I stated that I was willing to help him (and of course my friends tried to make me sound like a good choice as well), and he started to ask me about what research I have done lately. I was stumped for a second but decided to talk about my interest in Translocation spells. he asked me how I knew of them and I mentioned the gnome vendor in the temple of Solusek Ro, which he criged at the thought of (hehe). He then said "You seem to be of knowledge Zealpath, I believe I can trust you to be my assistant", and told me to invite 5 others who were present: a guildmate of mine Balludar, Exodux, Raging, Larian, and Shaithan. He gave me a "Full Box of Fusible Velium Ore", and gave the others coins whose names I did not catch (very hard to concentrate when you're
the focus of a GM event =0). Finally Al'Kabor started talking about how the type of fusible velium ore that we had found was going to be used by Makil to attempt to create a Sceptre which could contain the energy of the elements.

He then asked if we were ready, and after getting grouped up I stated that we were.

He then summoned the group I had formed to Western Wastes, near a large block of spiked velium crystals, stating that Makil would be along soon. Makil showed up shortly after that and Al'Kabor told my group to give the items he had given us to Makil and we would be rewarded. Upon handing in the box I recieved an incredible item, The Sceptre of Al'Kabor, whose stats you will see in the attached screenshot. The people who were in my group also turned in their coins and recieved items although I was in extreme tell hell at the time and did not catch the specific stats on any of the items recieved aside from the fact that the one my guildmate got was a very nice + sv all earring (we had a ranger, paladin, another wizard, an enchanter, and a rogue along so not all of the items were caster oriented).

After that Al'Kabor told us to gate back to Great Divide and that was the end of the event seemingly. All I can really say at this point is that I feel honored to have been chosen and this quest was an amazing experience. In a game like EQ the chance to roleplay in a practical way only comes along so often, well this was definitely one of those times.

Zealpath Skyphire, Valoran
Karana"

The Al'Kabor events continued up to Luclin's release, some taking place the day before it opened. The Nexus Gate necklace summaries:

Quote:
I can point specificaly to a GM event which I participated in and won which involved ZERO combat. It was to open the nexus portal in Dreadlands the day before Luclin went live. Some gnome was trying to get people to help him rescue his master. He posed some riddles to the players to find the smartest ones and then we prerformed some ritual magic to summon his master back. When we completed the ritual Al'Kabor showed up very upset about having his research interrupted but calmed down once he realised the gnome was behind it. That's when the storms started in Dreadlands and we had to perform another ritual at the end of it make them stop. He then thanked us for the help in stoping the weather problems and took the fusability ore we used to summon him to make us some nice neck items and granted each of the four players involved the title "Of The Nexus" in the place of their last name.

No killing, no maming of newbies. Just riddels and questions about the history of Norath based on information that had been posted on Sony's website for months. All in all it was a pretty fun event.
Quote:
I was lucky enough to be awarded one of these last night from Al'Kabor himself. The quest involved helping a gnome called Ognit Eznertob to create a portal to rescue Al'Kabor from a place called The Nexus. Although when he turned up he seemed displeased by this he was still good enough to reward the four of us with the Amulet and granted us each a title.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020215...l_kabor_08.jsp
Quote:
When I first arrived on Luclin, one of Norrath's moons, I teleported into a place called the Nexus. The Nexus appears to be located in the center of the populated regions. While I'm unable to determine how much energy is being emitted from within the quadrolith in the Nexus, it appears to be greater than that of any on Norrath. Not knowing what I was about to discover, I created a few propylons bound to the Nexus so that I might gate back there at my leisure.

As I explored, I encountered many species the likes of which I have not seen before. And yes, there have been some that seem to have a great deal of familiarity to them. I ventured further until I came across a city. Shadow Haven, as the inhabitants refer to it, is a trade city. Most assuredly not inhabited by the same scientific minds whose journals I have been researching all this time. Regardless, I continued to explore.

The residents that I have come across so far have been traders, merchants, thieves and even a few beggards. As I continued to explore, a few merchants followed me around in a clinging manner with continuing pleas to purchase their goods - Most annoying!

During my exploration, I was briefly startled when confronted by Kerran-like beasts. Apparently, a few Kerrans were on the region of land that was ripped away from Norrath by the destructive weapon created by the heretics long ago when the Hole in Odus was formed. The Vah Shir, as this strand of Kerrans call themselves, appear to be a bit more civilized than those on Norrath, and some almost scientific in their own rights.

At first, the Vah Shir were a bit reluctant to speak to me. Perhaps they feared that I was one of the Erudite heretics that wreaked havoc on their society so long ago. However, they remained tolerant and polite.

I am still in search of evidence here on the moon of the existence of the brilliant minds that were responsible for the great magic system that Norrathians have benefited from over the years.

Before I traveled to Luclin, I was able to determine the path the Combine Empire took before disappearing from Norrath. The scientists created pictograms of two quadroliths. One quadrolith was out in front with several figures within its perimeter and the other was shadowed off in the distance.

While deciphering the encryption written around the pictograms, I discovered that the Combine Empire did not actually see the quadrolith that was off in the distance, but merely sensed it. They were able to determine that the mysterious quadrolith was on one of Norrath's moons. I found this discovery to be quite odd but needless to say I continued my research.

As I studied the quadroliths over time, I too began to sense the shadowed objects. Several experiments were documented in the ancient journals. I have managed to re-create a few of these experiments successfully, one of which was the teleportation to the Nexus.

However, my exploration of Luclin was brought to an unwelcomed halt when that foolish gnome, Ognit Eznertob, attempted to reproduce experiments that I documented in research notes of mine that were somehow misplaced.

While he managed to figure out how to channel the power from within the quadrolith, he clearly did not understand what was needed to properly conduct the experiment. His bungling inflicted on Norrath a series of dangerous magical energy storms.

The first phase of the storm created shocking winds that thrust aside those in its path. The second phase, more powerful, saw bolts streaking through the sky, and pillars of lightning swirling across the land. In the final phase of the gnome's catastrophe, the magical energy storm filled with inferno-clouded flames and heated blasts of air.

With all of his ill orchestrated experimenting, that foolish gnome managed to open the magical portal to the Nexus, and with the incantations spoken directly from my journals, he caused me to be forcedly teleported back to Norrath.

In the time that it took me to complete the journey through the portal in the Dreadlands the reckless gnome had fled the scene leaving only those who had assisted him with the opening of the portal to take the blame. Blasted gnome! I discovered that he had given a few of my magical crystals to his assistants, if that is what he considered them. They insisted that he was merely attempting to bring me back safely. However, I do not recall asking for his assistance in such matters. Leave it to a foolish gnome to assume such nonsense. They uttered something of the Erudin High Council seeking him for questioning, which does not surprise me considering his past.

Once again, I was forced to rid Norrath of the gnome's blunder. It was evident that the magical storm needed to be dispelled. I demanded the use of those who assisted the gnome for the channeling of the energy for the nullification. One was positioned in the center and was used as the subject for channeling the energy to the storm while the other three, as well as myself, stood between two of the spires of quadrolith.

The dispelling commenced and was successful. The magical storm slowly began to dissipate. In exchange for the magical crystals and for their assistance in the dispelling of the treacherous magical storm, each of the subjects received a Propylon of the Nexus.

I have not returned to Norrath since the mishap, however I am certain that the experiments have been re-created yet again by others. As I study these lands, I have noticed additional Norrathians appearing with each passing day. While they did not conduct the experiments in the same manner as that gnome, the danger of their appearance is considerable in itself.

The contamination of those traveling to and from Norrath and Luclin could soon result in mass death. In addition, the portals of Norrath cannot withstand the pressures of constant chipping and energy drain much longer. It is only a matter of time before they falter. This needs to be studied further in order to determine when this will occur.

My research continues . . .

Other items from the continuing Al'Kabor events included:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6728
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6584
Last edited by Ele; 03-05-2015 at 04:42 PM..
Old 03-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my guild leader on live had the server title "of the Nexus" I believe you gained that title when you were awarded the staff

Eelyen of the Nexus was his name
"of the Nexus" was from the Nexus Teleportion portion towards the end of the multi-month Al'Kabor events you also received a Nexus Gate necklace.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

http://web.archive.org/web/200202181...e_research.htm

This one actually has his script when he is trying to locate his apprentice Sorko in FV and DL.

Items are decent too.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It related to Al'Kabor's Fusibility Experiments and Teleportation to the Nexus (Luclin) that occurred over July-December 2001. The Scepter of Al'Kabor portion of the ongoing event was done around the release of the Strength of Elements (Fusibility) quest July/August 2001. The events also coincided with the release of additional translocation spells mid-Velious.

Link to official Sony EQ Lore pages for Al'Kabor's Journal.
https://web.archive.org/web/20020408...n/al_kabor.jsp

Link to Graffe write up and collections of information on the events: https://web.archive.org/web/20011216...y_research.htm

Summary of the Event:

The Al'Kabor events continued up to Luclin's release, some taking place the day before it opened. The Nexus Gate necklace summaries:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020215...l_kabor_08.jsp

Other items from the continuing Al'Kabor events included:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6728
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6584
Closed Thread