Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Fire Giant

Default Does anyone play the new Progression server?

I think its called Lockjaw?

Friend of mine at SOE was saying that its their most successful product, outpacing H1Z1 and Planetside 2

Wondering if its any good

Landazar [50 Magician]
Old 07-06-2015, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclyte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think its called Lockjaw?

Friend of mine at SOE was saying that its their most successful product, outpacing H1Z1 and Planetside 2

Wondering if its any good
Instanced content + plenty of boxing. I've seen some streamed, it's just mage pets killing things while people watch.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:54 PM
Fire Giant

that sucks to hear

they have to have multiple accounts to box don't they? so there can't be that many people doing it right?

Landazar [50 Magician]
Old 07-07-2015, 09:24 AM
Fire Giant

I'm playing on Lockjaw and it's been a blast! Sure we still have issues on the server but all together it's a lot healthier of a community than Ragefire. Yes mage boxes are an issue but it's less of an issue than everyone makes it out to be. Yes you can trivialize content with just a couple of them but it's a work in progress which Daybreak are actually working on. Case in point we actually got major buffs to Naggy and Vox and in a week or two we're going to be getting buffs to CT, Inny, and Veeshan. The fights are no longer 10 second blink and you miss it fights, these fights are actually requiring resists, placement, and generally last about 5 plus minutes. It was a HUGE surprise that Daybreak actually did a legitimately good change. Hoping they carry it forward and progress in that direction.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 07-07-2015, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Tempted to give it a try, despite all the negative reviews from people whose opinions I trust
Old 07-07-2015, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tempted to give it a try, despite all the negative reviews from people whose opinions I trust
Unless you can internalize the fact that it's not P99 then you won't have a fun time Swish. I'm 100% being serious with you man, don't expect classic from this server because that's not what it's set out to do. As long as you can get over that mental hurdle you will have a ton of fun. Just make sure to roll Lockjaw and not Ragefire. Then get with Pharmakos or me and we'll have some fun times.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 07-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

I play on Ragefire and love it. I single boxed an enchanter to 50, then made enough kronos in a night to set up three accounts for a month or two. ; )

Just don't expect classic from it. It's live with content locks and a few tweaks.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just don't expect classic from it. It's live with content locks and a few tweaks.
Thanks for head's up. This is why I always ignored all attempts to join a progressive server. In no shape, way or form classic re: spirit of classic mechanics.

That said, good to hear that it is much better than Ragefire for those players who can stomach live mechanics.
Riotgirl - formerly High Elf Enchanter | Ayonae Ro
Closed Thread