Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think assaulting children is part of his job as a police officer
If use of force = assault in your mind, then yes, it is very much a part of his job. You seem to not understand how a civilized society works. The police have the power to initiate the use of force when that is deemed necessary. According to the story I've heard, this girl was disrupting class and then refusing to leave the classroom. How exactly do you propose to resolve this scenario? Bring in Trump and let him negotiate her out of her chair? This is exactly the kind of thing we have police for, and precisely the reason we give them the power to initiate the use of force.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if police are called to remove a group of teenagers from another establishment, let's say Burger King, and the teenagers refuse to comply, the police should carry each like a princess to the curb outside before returning to the station?
Don't be silly. They should carry them more like when a groom carries their bride across the threshold, to symbolize their being carried to a new and wonderful life.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:27 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-28-2015, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If use of force = assault in your mind, then yes, it is very much a part of his job. You seem to not understand how a civilized society works. The police have the power to initiate the use of force when that is deemed necessary. According to the story I've heard, this girl was disrupting class and then refusing to leave the classroom. How exactly do you propose to resolve this scenario? Bring in Trump and let him negotiate her out of her chair? This is exactly the kind of thing we have police for, and precisely the reason we give them the power to initiate the use of force.
As a civil libertarian and proponent of alternative solutions I initially disagreed strongly with you, and I was plotting a verbal assault vehicle to siege your argument.

But I quickly found myself having to agree on principle. The law is the law, the policy is the policy.

Enforcing policy is never going to be pretty. Someone suggested letting her finish the day at school, remain in class, and suspend her thereafter, denying her entry the next day so this desk toss standoff never happens. I would rather prefer the school and the officer examining this option first, before responding to the call to "remove" someone from class. The Sheriff in charge also agreed last night this is not the officers job or function, to remove disruptive students from class is not something they have policy on and it will be investigated from that angle.

The above solution would have deescalated the situation, however I don't know what policy or legal basis the school has for removing disruptive students from class. Seems like a slippery slope.

I was "kicked out of class" several times at my private regional high school senior year for too much clowning and joke cracking, and I just shut up, ignored the teacher, teacher ignored me, and we finished the class. A few weeks later he said they were still waiting for me down at 210 and I just said "Is that right?...", "You don't say..." "cool story" basically. No escalation necessary, we both realized I crossed the line in disruptive behavior and we both mutually deescalated and just let it go as there wasn't any ACTIVE and CONTINUOUS behavioral reason to kick me out of the class.
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 10-28-2015 at 06:18 PM..
Old 10-28-2015, 06:11 PM
Banned

I think its funny that on one hand you have people arguing for gun ownership because they are afraid of a militarized police state government.. and then when the police act like a militarized police state government the same people are like, "SHE HAD IT COMING! BRAVO OUR SAVIOR BOY IN BLUE".

But that's why I'm not going to argue with you guys on this one, I have NO FUCKING IDEA how any of your decision making processes work.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:12 PM
Banned

Society would crumble without police doing violence to students for not surrending their mobile telephones.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Society would crumble without police doing violence to students for not surrending their mobile telephones.
"Society would crumble without police doing violence into a society of police doing violence, its why I promote the second amendment!"

-Idiots
Old 10-28-2015, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and then when the police act like a militarized police state government
This is what a militarized police state government looks like? Your delusions are getting worse. Seek help.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what a militarized police state government looks like? Your delusions are getting worse. Seek help.
why dont you keep explaining to me in the utmost clarity your feelings on the subject and I'll tally how many posts it takes for you to get permabaned.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Sheriff in charge said its not his duty or job description to kick disruptive students out of class or regulate disruptive students on Don Lemon CNN last night.

So yeah, this is police state activity by the departments own admission. I can side with iruinedyourday on that one.
Closed Thread