Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 10:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I've got better gear than other paladins but I've rampage tanked Vindi a lot. I've main tanked Vindi plenty. I've at some point tanked most ToV dragons (notable exceptions Vulak and Vyemm).

Things are over tuned for sure, but I still think in HoT Knights are usually better tanks than warriors if you are trying to burn through mobs.
My gear pales in comparison to yours (you have like 1k more HP than me and about 200 more AC) and I’ve successfully ramp tanked Vindi with no problems. As long as you have a dedicated Shaman and a dedicated cleric assigned to RT, it’s totaly doable.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Are Paladins really bad?
yeah
Old 08-28-2018, 02:22 AM
Kobold

Warrior - End game raid tank
Pally - Group Tank

I much prefer to have group with a paladin rather than a warrior because they can get threat instantly while warriors need to wait for their weps to proc unless they have a bio orb which most don't at least while leveling to 60.

I also say role paladin for end game raiding, because no one bids on the pally only crap that drops. Seen multiple https://wiki.project1999.com/Shield_of_the_Dawn just given away to alts and random people just so they wouldn't rot.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:30 AM
Fire Giant

I prefer paladin or sk for groups on my cleric simply because almost nobody ever takes dmg except for the knight. Warrior mitigates more but occasionally other ppl or myself will take a hit or two. All the small little heals to top ppl off from warrior tank not having aggro for a few seconds really adds up

Tldr; small heals to fix dps taking dmg every so often cost more Mana than you save by healing a slightly beefier warrior tank
Old 08-28-2018, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I prefer paladin or sk for groups on my cleric simply because almost nobody ever takes dmg except for the knight. Warrior mitigates more but occasionally other ppl or myself will take a hit or two. All the small little heals to top ppl off from warrior tank not having aggro for a few seconds really adds up

Tldr; small heals to fix dps taking dmg every so often cost more Mana than you save by healing a slightly beefier warrior tank
Yes, it helps to have a healer that can group regrow the to keep the dps topped up.

How would you rank ranger vs warrior?
Old 08-28-2018, 03:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, it helps to have a healer that can group regrow the to keep the dps topped up.

How would you rank ranger vs warrior?
Generally speaking for leveling? Terrible unless they are twinked to high hell.. at 60 with gear I love ranger tanks they hold aggro like champs and do good dps

Ranger slow epic is also super legit. Althou I have yet to get to group with a willsapper warrior which would be a comparison to make so I dunno for sure
Old 08-28-2018, 10:14 AM
Banned

Always play the character you want to play. All are dope, all are fun. If you came to P99 to relive your experience, then do just that. You aren't going to be the best at P99, and you shouldn't even try to be. Choose your favorite race, and favorite class cause thats what sounds fun! Do not race to 60.... Enjoy every level. Enjoy every group you join, enjoy the company and the friends you meet!!
Old 08-28-2018, 11:22 AM
Banned

Paladin vs. Cleric is apples to oranges.

If you want to tank, go Paladin. If you want to heal, go Cleric.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Yes, paladin are really bad, corrupted by vanity, greed and lust, you should go sk they are honest...
Old 08-28-2018, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, paladin are really bad, corrupted by vanity, greed and lust, you should go sk they are honest...
That's right!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread