Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-18-2022, 05:52 AM
Aviak

mostly that people are shitters and the game is designed to maximize player shittiness
Old 04-18-2022, 05:54 AM
Aviak

o also that paladin is a really fun group class
Old 04-18-2022, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

With nerfed quest exp, the first 20 levels are grindier than the last 20 levels.
Old 04-18-2022, 06:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Personally, I learned not to roll a Bard, with an Aussie ping time that is at best ~250ms and sometimes ~370 I can't AOE Kite anyway which is something that I never got to do on Live with my Bard main because it was nerfed.

I would want to play a class I have never before, such as a Shaman or an Enchanter. Which just happens to be a "power" class, so ideal for that Meta start people have been talking about wanting.

For the Dev's, I'd say:
  • Make the Elder Beads "Magic" so they can't be pickpocketed. "Non Classic", but will impact nothing else, except to make it easy to stop people pickpocketing.
  • List camps in the current iteration sucks... The idea of single stints at a PC for ~40 hours is unhealthy and only promotes people's account sharing etc... I'm not sure if / how it is possible but it would be great to have:
  1. The AFK check
  2. Must have active killing at some point during the AFK Check
  3. Cumulitive amount of time captured somehow until you get the drop. Eg. If you spend 2 hours a day, for 10 days you would be higher on the list than someone that had been there for 10 hours straight. I believe this was done (very manually) at the King/Fungi camp in Seb by some players managing a loot list.
Old 04-18-2022, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Could keep tally of accumulated passed afk checks and then gratts lootrights to whoever present wins that metric.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-18-2022, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkplague [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, I learned not to roll a Bard, with an Aussie ping time that is at best ~250ms and sometimes ~370 I can't AOE Kite anyway which is something that I never got to do on Live with my Bard main because it was nerfed.

I would want to play a class I have never before, such as a Shaman or an Enchanter. Which just happens to be a "power" class, so ideal for that Meta start people have been talking about wanting.

For the Dev's, I'd say:
  • Make the Elder Beads "Magic" so they can't be pickpocketed. "Non Classic", but will impact nothing else, except to make it easy to stop people pickpocketing.
  • List camps in the current iteration sucks... The idea of single stints at a PC for ~40 hours is unhealthy and only promotes people's account sharing etc... I'm not sure if / how it is possible but it would be great to have:
  1. The AFK check
  2. Must have active killing at some point during the AFK Check
  3. Cumulitive amount of time captured somehow until you get the drop. Eg. If you spend 2 hours a day, for 10 days you would be higher on the list than someone that had been there for 10 hours straight. I believe this was done (very manually) at the King/Fungi camp in Seb by some players managing a loot list.
So wait if someone just spent 10 hours straight killing PHs and finally the mob spawns, someone else can roll in and just claim the mob because they spent 12 hours there the other week? Sounds really unfair IMO
Old 04-18-2022, 07:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So wait if someone just spent 10 hours straight killing PHs and finally the mob spawns, someone else can roll in and just claim the mob because they spent 12 hours there the other week? Sounds really unfair IMO
No, someone would have to be actively killing, for those 12 hours.

Total time > that person who has been actively killing for 10 hours. Total time invested is greater there for, yes that 12 hours would be higher value.

The upside is that person with 10 hours has 10 hours counted and therefore has lost nothing if they camp/leave.

What is happening at the moment, is people just account share between players. So if someone doesn't want to pass out their login information to 2-5 people, or they want to get an item on their own they miss out in favour of someone that shares accounts.

How is that fair?
Old 04-18-2022, 10:55 PM
Aviak

I learned that covid was the best thing to happen to green right after the start. Server pop was great if you rode the first wave into 50. Here's to hoping for another fresh green!
Old 04-20-2022, 09:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Newbie zones need their classic respawn system where all newbie mobs are linked with 2 other newbie mobs and all three instantly respawn after the last of the three are killed.
Citation for this being a thing?
Old 04-23-2022, 05:33 AM
Planar Protector

I learnt staying low level was SUUUUPPPERRRR fun as a rogue.... and there is a ton of stuff to do!!

For a while, I was the richest on the server (at level 7 or 8) because I had so much money from picking pockets.

Then I got the greatest paladin weapon anyone till 40 saw (and it was magic!)! I was 8 or 9 at the time.

Then I learnt you could take some really fine things with picking pockets. Like silver leggings from lower guk... or the goblin kings ring in sol a.... so i got those at 10ish?

After a while, I went hunting for all the magic items. I had an entire backpack of magic I could use! Healing (squad ring), turning into things (tree wands, golem potions, and guk potion), lifetap (bone wand), and big damage fire wands (right before they nerfed it heh).

Even was there fighting the first Vox!! At level 12 or something.

And soloed some ice giants outside of permafrost at 14.... eventually even getting enough ice giant toes to have a greater healing potion brewed (which is a lifesaver at lower levels!!)

Even went around saving high levels in jams!! My deal was I would help people, but then they would owe me favors.... I saw favors as good as treasure, since sometimes I couldn't slay what I needed to... but being able to call a favor meant I could put out a hit on a target real easy!!

All together, my rogue never made it past 20.... but I had many thousands of platinum in the bank, the finest armors, magic, great weapons.... it was a big adventure from the start of the server, but way more memorable than just leveling up.

Too bad no one else really plays that way. Could be great heroes and spend all our time hunting giants for money and getting rich or looking for great adventures to do for great items.... at like level 10.... would be super low level, but be great heroes!!