Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2022, 12:16 PM
Banned

I’ve never met a “man-o-sphere” guru that wasn’t a colossal douche, and Andrew Tate is actually one of the worst of these

Props:
- decent kickboxing career, so yes the dude is tough and can fight
- super rich although see below

Cons:
- made money by running a cam site initially. I still don’t see a lot wrong with this until I found out he coached the cam girls to lie to their male viewers and say things like they had cancer, or they had some unexpected horrible bill, or all these fake sob stories in order to get bigger donations (which he got a cut of). So he in essence ran a ring scamming the very same type of lonely vulnerable men that he then later scammed with his “hustler university” program he sold them, which also has very little $$ value in my opinion

- this is a big one: he talks completely differently than he used to when he was a kickboxer, I’ve seen his old interviews. Completely changing your voice and the way you talk for no reason…is…fucking…weird. It’s not Disassociative Identity Disorder because that doesn’t really exist, it’s just fucking weird. Makes me mistrust anything you have to say

Anyway, he got banned from all platforms, cancelled essentially, because of saying misogynist stuff? I recall him saying to treat women like crap emotionally, but never stuff like hit them or steal from them or anything like that. So while the guy is a colossal douche, cancelling him was over the top

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 08-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Andrew tate seems like a bad dude, i dont know much about him.

But when you say he is like, systematically banned from all social media I am like

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-27-2022, 02:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Endless progress is a dangerous idea. I believe this to be fact. It's fact because in every instance in my own life I have seen how constant change only leads to chaos. Stability and slow growth lead to strength.
"I believe this to be fact" haha

You're the funniest kind of clown, the one who has no idea he's a clown

Constant change is the only actual constant in life and throughout history

Sorry about your 3 Wisdom score
Old 08-27-2022, 02:46 PM
Fire Giant

Progressives increase entropy

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 08-27-2022, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's ok to retard progress but stopping it entirely isn't probably right.
Old 08-27-2022, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Attachment 18507
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 08-27-2022, 08:58 PM
Banned

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/23/s...ng-tiktok.html

Quiet quitting = working just hard enough not to get fired, although this time I guess in some sort of mini-protest

I have nothing against this idea, that’s how I survived most of my retail jobs full of shitty customers and even shittier managers

I think the concern has always and will always be is there someone who will do the job as hard or harder than you, why wouldn’t they obviously just fire you and hire them? I think the leverage people have to “quiet quit” depends on how much of a labor market we are in. If you have leverage, more power to you. I’d say better to work hard and demand a raise then quit for real for somewhere that will is a better approach though
Old 08-27-2022, 09:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/23/s...ng-tiktok.html

Quiet quitting = working just hard enough not to get fired, although this time I guess in some sort of mini-protest

I have nothing against this idea, that’s how I survived most of my retail jobs full of shitty customers and even shittier managers

I think the concern has always and will always be is there someone who will do the job as hard or harder than you, why wouldn’t they obviously just fire you and hire them? I think the leverage people have to “quiet quit” depends on how much of a labor market we are in. If you have leverage, more power to you. I’d say better to work hard and demand a raise then quit for real for somewhere that will is a better approach though
Why do these people always have to come up with some dumbass way of labeling something as if it is some new idea.

It's called being lazy

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 08-27-2022, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I never said no change, try reading. Sorry about the 2 Int roll, Ogre.
Old 08-27-2022, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Endless progress is a dangerous idea. I believe this to be fact. It's fact because in every instance in my own life I have seen how constant change only leads to chaos. Stability and slow growth lead to strength.
The exponential rate of technological advancement is pretty amazing, the more time goes forward people dont change, but the technology gets faster and faster.
Closed Thread