Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 06:02 AM
Skeleton

Default pet exp penalty?

Hey everyone,

I havent been able to find the answer for this one:

When soloing, pets eat up x% of exp if they deal more than a specific y% of the damage to a mob.

What are these percentages? Ill see if I can add it to the wiki.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:19 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure precisely so I wouldn't put too much faith in me saying the XP is halved if the pet does over 50% of the damage.

As a necro, do what you do to get a mob down to 18-20% at the point where it flees. Then just pull your pet off and let darkness/dot1/dot2... whatever is remaining do the rest of the work. Rebalance the scales in your favour... or try anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Planar Protector

Well this has been talked about a lot over the last 6 months. I have never seen a Dev come on here and state for fact what it really is.

I guess most believe that you have to do 51% of the damage to get full XP. If not you only get 50% of the experience. In the beginning it was thought you only got 25% of XP. Not sure what the real number is but I know me, and a lot of people just flat stopped playing a Mage.

If you are in a group the XP penality goes away as long as the pets don't do all the damage.

I think the nerf on a Mage was just stupid. Their pet is their weapon. But it hurts Enchanters nearly as bad. Not as bad for Necro's but I have seen a drop in all the pet classes in the past months. I was VERY vocal about it when it came about. But it has stuck just like the stupid Hybrid penality that kills it for Tanks on here.

There is just a lot of Druids and Shamans left. With Bards making up the rest. Everyone else just sits in the EC Tunnel. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

Fairly certain the patch notes specify you lose 75%. I gave up on my mage too
Old 09-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Aviak

Unfortunately this patch hurt low level players more. High level mages can avoid this nerf by dismissing their pet and getting a good nuke in. Summoning a new pet for each mob isn't really viable for a newbie mage.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

At level 13 pet chaining would most likely be slower than just eating the penalty
Old 09-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Banned

The numbers are as follows:

If your pet does more damage than you, it will steal 50% of the experience. That's it.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Aviak

When soloing, pets eat up 75% of exp if they deal more than a specific 51% of the damage to a mob.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

Ive heard grouping gets rid of the penalty assuming you do at least 1 point of damage to the mob. So two pet classes can duo quite easy.

Or though I'm not 100% on this I've heard a pet class can just invite some random trader who is going to be sitting in EC all day and solo without the penalty even if other person in said party isn't in the zone.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by emp82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When soloing, pets eat up 75% of exp if they deal more than a specific 51% of the damage to a mob.
No, this is wrong. Please see my earlier post above for the correct numbers.
Closed Thread