Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Aviak

Wink Mouse turn speed, EQ is windowed

I don't seem to turn as fast as I am comfortable with when using the mouse to turn, but the mouse speed other than that is perfect. Is there a way to increase the speed only when holding right click to turn? And when I run EQ, it is in a window that doesn't fill my entire screen, and I can't seem to maximize the window. How do I fix this?

Thanks! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Aviak

Also, I seem to have just crashed while zoning, but the application is still open. When I try to force quit eqgame.exe, it tells me "Access is denied." :/
Old 10-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Fire Giant

Set your max frame rate to 50 in display settings.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Sarnak

60 will work fine
Old 10-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

I actually meant to type 60 but miss hit the key.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Aviak

Okay, I changed that to 60. My mouse turn seems fine now, but EQ is still in a window that is smaller than my monitor. And I'm coming across another strange issue now that is making the game kind of unplayable...

I'm crashing, or something, when I zone or enter the game. The loading screen comes up, the bar loads and goes away, but the screen stays on that loading picture. I can't close eqgame.exe, even with task manager. When I try, it tells me "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied." And if I open up a new instance of EQ, it seems to think that I still have a character logged in and it tells me to wait a while. Each time it happens I have to restart my computer if I want to play the game :/

Any ideas? :P

EDIT: Now I can't seem to log in with my cleric at all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Autumnbow; 10-09-2012 at 10:13 PM..
Old 10-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Aviak

Use alt-enter to go to non-windowed mode. Once there /camp and get ALL the way out to assume that eqclient.ini is updated properly.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Aviak

Okay great, thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Another problem down! Now it's just the crashing.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Skeleton

The user account control pop-up in windows seems to cause exactly that kind of crash, any chance you have UAC pop-ups happening while playing?

Also, I found out that while I cannot close the EQGame.exe from the taskmanager when this happens, logging out and back in (faster than rebooting) does the trick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The user account control pop-up in windows seems to cause exactly that kind of crash, any chance you have UAC pop-ups happening while playing?

Also, I found out that while I cannot close the EQGame.exe from the taskmanager when this happens, logging out and back in (faster than rebooting) does the trick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not it unfortunately, as it happened while the game was windowed and I would have seen the UAC pop-up, at least on the taskbar :/

Will try the logging out and back in next time, though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]