Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Create character.
Train 1 point in sense heading.
Bind hotkey #1 to your turn left + turn right keys.
Stick sense heading in hotkey #1 slot.
Hit 200 sense heading within an hour or two automatically.
One thing I've noticed is that bound keys carry over from one char next. While that's great for my low level character, it's not so great when it carries over to Zanderr. Is there a way to not have bound keys carry over between accounts/characters?
Old 09-12-2014, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oldest trick in the tome
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-13-2014, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing I've noticed is that bound keys carry over from one char next. While that's great for my low level character, it's not so great when it carries over to Zanderr. Is there a way to not have bound keys carry over between accounts/characters?
You can always put your sense heading keys in a hotkey bar that you don't normally use on any of your characters. The keybind still carries over, but doesn't do anything on the characters where it's empty.

Unless you use all of them, in which case you're a monster.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can always put your sense heading keys in a hotkey bar that you don't normally use on any of your characters. The keybind still carries over, but doesn't do anything on the characters where it's empty.

Unless you use all of them, in which case you're a monster.
This is what I do... I have the last slot on Hotbar 4 bound to my left and right keys. That slot gets filled with Sense Heading, or on my druid it has a SH/Forage macro. Once SH is maxed, just take it off the bar if you want.

Personally, I leave it there. I don't mind a little extra spam, and it helps sometimes to just tap a direction key and know where you're facing.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theory: Norrath has a stronger magnetic field than Earth; if you toss a piece of metal to the ground, it quickly aligns with that magnetic field as it falls to the ground, the same as a small piece of magnetized metal in water / in some simple mechanism (a compass). Also I guess all ore in Norrath that people make weapons from is magnetized.
LOL, I wish I had thought of that at the time.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theory: Norrath has a stronger magnetic field than Earth; if you toss a piece of metal to the ground, it quickly aligns with that magnetic field as it falls to the ground, the same as a small piece of magnetized metal in water / in some simple mechanism (a compass). Also I guess all ore in Norrath that people make weapons from is magnetized.
Except for if this were the case, if you were swinging a weapon East or West, you'd have resistance because the weapon would always try to be pointing North/South...which would be a pain in the ass.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:26 AM
Aviak

Just bind your direction keys to some sense heading hotkeys and it will never be an issue after a couple hours
Old 09-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esheon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, I leave it there. I don't mind a little extra spam, and it helps sometimes to just tap a direction key and know where you're facing.
New chat window "skills" send skills there, shrink window and put it aside for a few hours.
Open it up,
You have become better at sense heading (200)!
Closed Thread