Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Fire Giant

Default Unguilded / Other-guilded Toons Past the Zoneline when Mob in Window, Thoughts

I am looking for gm/community feed back on this issue, because I feel that the rule discourages playing the game, and encourages needless poopsock.

As I understand it, the current raid scene has the follow relevant rules:

1. Guilds may not have any more than two representatives present at a raid spawn location.

2. To encourage competitive racing, guilds may not camp players out in the vicinity of raid targets.

3. Players may have multiple toons in multiple guilds and raid with each guild.

Guilds have been hammered for interpreting the definition of vicinity too narrowly. This interpretation obviously has some connection with the issue of managing / enforcing the rules, but It is onerous not to allow people to level or farm in any these zones period, regardless of whether that character is involved in the raid at all.

Accordingly, now guilds are afraid to have ANY member past the zone in, regardless of whether or not they take part in the kill, or /q and log on to an appropriately located player.
This is particularly an issue to me when you note the difference int he language between "camping out in the vicinity of a raid target" and the rule that only two representatives may be present "at a raid spawn location." The rules themselves cannot really be construed to mean that a lvl 57 unguilded player cannot legitimately be camping the fungi king, or crypt, or w/e when trak is in window, or even a guilded character that will not be involved in the kill.

So my question is this. How do people and guilds feel about members farming & experiencing in zones like seb. and kc when a raid mob is in window?

Why would it matter if they do not participate in anyway? What about someone who is on a non-guilded characters or characters in another guild (that competition knows belongs to a member of a competitor guild)?

In my opinion, there has been tremendous mission creep in this area, largely because the GM's have been very careful not to make definitive statements that would otherwise remove the ambiguity.

Dolic
Last edited by Fael; 09-12-2014 at 02:22 PM..
Old 09-12-2014, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

It just makes it easier in the long run to not allow guildies to be in zones with mobs in window even if they don't plan on attending the raid. It's a 16 hour a week(if that) restriction to a zone. It's not a burden on people.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Players beyond entrance is a small issue in the current raid scene. If your alt is unguilded and not participating in the kill, no one is going to complain. If they are guilded and don't partake it's unlikely anyone will petition unless you were clearing mobs on the path to the mob (which would assist in a raid effort), etc.

Guilds just make it a policy so that they cover all their bases.

People duck casting CotH for 16 hour windows is dumb though and should be fixed.

1. Ban Mage trackers outside of Trakanon... The trains if you banned CotHing to track would be retarded.
2. Reduce variance on raid mobs. Cause not classic. Like 3hr +/- is better than 8. Hell doing away with variance completely may be worthwhile at this stage. Or making it a very small window (30min or so) so that people don't have pinpoint precision on when to Run and such.
3. Code it so that when the first FFA, Class C or Class R mob spawns, all from that tier spawn. Forces people to rush, prioritize targets and not be sloppy. Being sloppy makes you lose a mob and other mobs while you recover corpses or regroup. Players who like competition can split their raid force to handle 2 mobs simultaneously which would force them into better play to be able to pull that off.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Don't tell me it's not a burden. Trak spawns every 3 days and preventing players to do things in the premier non raiding zone several times a week for 16 hours at a time is really stupid particularly When the raid itself is a coth race. There is no tactical advantage for a small group of guildies being down at crypt or king, let alone unguilded characters.

It's rules for the sake or rules with little thought as to why.
Last edited by Fael; 09-12-2014 at 03:53 PM..
Old 09-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't tell me it's not a burden. Trak spawns every 3 days and preventing players to do things in the premier non raiding zone several times a week for 16 hours at a time is really stupid particularly When the raid itself is a coth race. There is no tactical advantage for a small group of guildies being down at crypt or king, let alone unguilded characters.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Remove FFA cycle all together. Make all mobs rotate C/R/C/R etc etc and make full respawns FFA only that way there isn't a sock and guilds can choose to move on mobs that are less desirable to avoid congested encounters.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no tactical advantage for a small group of guildies being down at crypt or king
well to be fair, i agree there is no tactical advantage to a small group at king when trac is in window... but maybe the GM's don't want to spend their time making sure that everyone that guild had in the zone was actually doing something like crypt or someshiz, and not like hiding at a spawn ready to jump on the kill... Im not trying to be argumentative, I'm just expressing some alternate reasoning.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remove FFA cycle all together. Make all mobs rotate C/R/C/R etc etc and make full respawns FFA only that way there isn't a sock and guilds can choose to move on mobs that are less desirable to avoid congested encounters.
I agree with this... I dont think that FFA provides anything really interesting. Like it takes some seriously brains brawn and experience to be a good FFA guild.. the rest is just blind luck.

I would rather the guild webpage told me to log on on Thursday at 8pm to do our rotation on trak, rather than me telling the SO 'i uh, cant do anything around the house or hang out wit hyou for like 16 hours randomly throughout the week so i can play my stupid nerd game'

but, I am a filthy casual that likes pixels so maybe I am the worst person on earth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

So basically you just want this removed so you guys can do King and Hiero during those 2 16 hours windows a week where you have a chance at Trak. Sure why not.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Just poop your pants and hope nobody smells
Closed Thread