Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

I support this idea, but hope they wouldn't tell us which zones get the bonus xp.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 09-13-2014, 06:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People play here cause they want a classic experience. Deal with it.
Exactly why this is being suggested. The experience here is not classic.

I suspect that the ZEMS were tweaked throughout the existence of the game, secretly, but I have yet to find proof of this. They officially introduced Hot Zones/Hot Spots in 2004 as "Hot Spots"

April 28 2004 patch

"Hot Spots
Try out the new Hot Spot zones which give a boost to Experience while adventuring in them, in a similar manner to
Paludal Caverns. The current Hot Spots are:

- The Castle of Mistmoore (20th to 30th level)
- The Lair of the Splitpaw (35th to 45th level)
- Dulak's Harbor (40th to 45th level)
- The Tower of Frozen Shadow (30th to 35th level)
- The Gulf of Gunthak (35th to 40th level)
- Hate's Fury (55th to 60th level)
- The Crypt of Nadox (50th to 55th level)
- The Torgiran Mines (45th to 50th level)

These Hot Spot zones are generally aimed at characters level 20 to 51. The Hot Spot zones will shift from time to
time, so watch for messages giving clues as to where the new ones may be."
Old 09-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Banned

Bring back original kedge zem
Old 09-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like a great idea, and it wouldn't be the first perk on this server being "out of time and place," I think it'd have a really positive effect on this server's booming population.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 09-13-2014, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDSilva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for posting the unfortunate majority of the depth of intellect of the forumquest goers here, you're an absolute moron if you think that not having random and changing ZEMs to force players to think and move around is even remotely less classic than what we have here. Your previous post was a gem as well.
Abort yourself

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 09-13-2014, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

I think it would be a cool idea to try. But, I'm not sure how much actual effect it would have on expanding the variety of zones for LFG. There are already certain zones that have very noticeably awesome ZEMs that are largely left empty. People will still take an Ogre, Troll, or Iksar all the way to Gfay or Blackburrow and ride those zones til their mid teens and never step foot in a much more easily accessible and much higher ZEM zone like Befallen.
Thats just one example, there are more.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

Just have a rotating bonus each day/week/whatever based on the # of NPCs killed there that time period: the fewer the NPCs that are slain, the higher the bonus. Maybe we'd actually see people in Beholders maze, Runnyeye, Kerra Ridge, Nurga, etc. Chardok PLers might go out of business tho.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:29 AM
Planar Protector

Not classic. :|
Old 09-14-2014, 05:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by psway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly why this is being suggested. The experience here is not classic.

I suspect that the ZEMS were tweaked throughout the existence of the game, secretly, but I have yet to find proof of this. They officially introduced Hot Zones/Hot Spots in 2004 as "Hot Spots"

April 28 2004 patch

"Hot Spots
Try out the new Hot Spot zones which give a boost to Experience while adventuring in them, in a similar manner to
Paludal Caverns. The current Hot Spots are:

- The Castle of Mistmoore (20th to 30th level)
- The Lair of the Splitpaw (35th to 45th level)
- Dulak's Harbor (40th to 45th level)
- The Tower of Frozen Shadow (30th to 35th level)
- The Gulf of Gunthak (35th to 40th level)
- Hate's Fury (55th to 60th level)
- The Crypt of Nadox (50th to 55th level)
- The Torgiran Mines (45th to 50th level)

These Hot Spot zones are generally aimed at characters level 20 to 51. The Hot Spot zones will shift from time to
time, so watch for messages giving clues as to where the new ones may be."
Actually it looks like we are right about at this point in the timeline since the server is 5 years old. So it would in fact be classic.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDSilva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for posting the unfortunate majority of the depth of intellect of the forumquest goers here, you're an absolute moron if you think that not having random and changing ZEMs to force players to think and move around is even remotely less classic than what we have here. Your previous post was a gem as well.

If you really think there weren't ZEMs before Velious, you really have no understanding of how EQ worked, at all. Just because something wasn't stated or acknowledged directly by SOE or the development team, doesn't mean it wasn't there before or after it was even mentioned. There were numerous mechanics and entities of EQ that got swept out of the game without a thought or mention. I wouldn't be surprised if ZEMs were specific to each server, and were able to be changed on a server to server basis, well before Velious. I'm not going to go digging through posts from 1999-2001 to show that there were discrepancies between this level 21 mob in ZoneA and that level 21 mob in ZoneB, the fact is they're out there and that EQ has always been that way. Just because they actually announced it and started using it as a feature instead of another line of code, should have absolutely no influence on whether or not the staff here wants to decide to make the server more exciting and everchanging (pun intended), or leave it the same leveling stream until Velious hits and then maybe one or two zones will change. Hooray for no variety!!!

Anyone who wants to play EQ in the days where people didn't know if they could kill this mob or that mob, or what lay around the corner of the next room, needs to invest their time and effort in a fucking time machine, because that's the only way you're ever going to achieve that. We (90% of the playerbase here, and 100% of the playerbase that has access to google, so 100% of the playerbase) have all the facts and information about the "classic" game we're playing. There's nothing classic about that. However, introducing different zones with different exp modifiers all the time and anytime, would absolutely introduce a classic element to the server. If you want the same 5 zones to group in for your 1-60 experience, have at it, because that's all that is going on for P99.

Thats fine. Your not going to get random Hotzones though no matter how much you keep posting. So keep wasting your time.