Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-23-2015, 08:45 PM
Aviak

Shrink did not work in CT/HHK until later on. I'm not sure when, but they changed the flag on multiple zones to be indoor and outdoor. This allowed both SoW and shrink to be cast.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:15 PM
Kobold

I assure you it worked at least in CT, MM, Unrest before Kunark. I dunno about highpass...

I simply do not believe that the zones where shrink was literally needed for ogres/trolls/barbs to move around would simply not work in those places with the worst trains etc.

Fattys that DIDN'T get shrunk and blocked zones were moved by GMs and guides. Potions were not required.

I did this as a guide several times pre kunark. CT was a common place for fatties to stand and mess with people trying to not die. We moved them (/summon player), shrank them(click bracers!) and gave people warnings if they failed to comply.

Just sayin. Shrink worked in unrest back when ghoul root would override sow. Yeah, that long ago...
Old 03-24-2015, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Worked live, had shm, lost lvl19 one day pre-kunark and was all sorts of sadface since couldn't shrink myself in Crushbone after that.

People didn't care to cast it too much / type about it on websites enough for it to be common knowledge so you could dig up enough evidence to prove it today. It was one of those obvious things at the time that dungeon = shrink. So basically p99 bug forums have argued about this since 2010 with people going back and forth with the goof mantra "if u can sow in zone then u cant shrink cuz indoors and outdoors".

It has nothing to do with indoors and outdoors. It's about dungeons. Blackburrow is a dungeon. Crushbone is a dungeon. You could shrink in both 100%.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

This begs to question. Are there indoor zones not flagged as dungeons where shrink does not work?

Like... Kael or Neriak which are cities. I know Kael you could shrink because corner tanking hinged on your ability to shrink.
Last edited by Daldaen; 03-24-2015 at 09:14 AM..
Old 03-29-2015, 09:24 PM
Kobold

Shameless bump again, please fix shrink.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:19 PM
Fire Giant

in my case my first shrink , was in mistmore in kunark , a iksar shaman there wich i partnered hard with , always shrink me because i used to get stuck alot in walls .and later on i remember, our war main tank shrinking pets with his cobalt bracer for shaman epic fights( unlike here, we used 5 magician pets for the fight due to fire pet prety much resisting the aoe).all this while kunark,expansion.
Last edited by Arteker; 03-30-2015 at 12:23 PM..
Old 04-10-2015, 03:42 AM
Kobold

Still needs to be fixed. Not working as classic or even post classic. Just broke.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Banned

I reckons things like "town" and "dungeon" were also used to flag zones for default xp modifiers. Whether outdoor or indoor, something could be flagged as "dungeon" so that was a thing.

Highkeep was flagged as both, so it got a big double dip on xp mod.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
RE: I dont think so!
#Aug 19 2002 at 3:55 PMRating: Excellent
The One and Only overkongen
Scholar
42 posts
CT is considered a dungeon, even if its an outdoor zone. Thats why you can can sow and shrink in it. Try going to WC and cast shrink there - thats a nogo!

EDIT: Although it possible now, after VI's latest nerf on shrink. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edited, Thu Oct 3 12:54:38 2002
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...02978979373372

Thank you for your service to my bracer Nirgon.

This post is old, but maybe not old enough? There's another post the says it works anywhere outdoors later 2003 ish.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:13 AM
Banned

feb 2001 shaman spell database entry for shrink, says works in dungeons

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://web.archive.org/web/200102150...s/level_19.htm