Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When 90% of the encounters are 1) Tank. 2) everyone on a shared cleric running spam CHs. 3) Make sure bard is in cleric group. Yes, yes your value to a RAID is your dps.

Wanna run 3-man or 2-man GWurm farms? Yeah, now we're talking about some actual playing of the game. Otherwise it's "everyone get on the shared rogue, shared cleric, and lets melt these dragons. Failure to achieve victory will result in more passive aggressive reminding of how many shareds were not logged in"
The guy who did 3,000 on the chatroom monster is triple the value of the guy who did 1k on the chatroom monster. Got it.
Old 11-04-2020, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guy who did 3,000 on the chatroom monster is triple the value of the guy who did 1k on the chatroom monster. Got it.
When the purpose of the game is to kill chat room monsters with a defined hit pool that emote things that can wipe a guild every X amount of seconds, or when other chat room monsters are due to respawn, yes.

Why am I explaining basic math to you? I generally like what you have to offer these threads?!?
Old 11-04-2020, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your value as a player is not determined by your fucking parse.

Insincerely yours,

Cecily #1, 2, or 3 DPS rogue 2012-2016 (FE/TMO/Rustle)
Skew was better purely based on his accent.
Old 11-04-2020, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When the purpose of the game is to kill chat room monsters with a defined hit pool that emote things that can wipe a guild every X amount of seconds, or when other chat room monsters are due to respawn, yes.

Why am I explaining basic math to you? I generally like what you have to offer these threads?!?
If you have a 100 people on standby and they all contribute to killing a thing, they're equally valuable, because this is a game not a job. People who volunteer to spend more time playing the game are just people who volunteer to spend more time playing the game. Losers if I was the judging sort, but I'm a nice person.
Old 11-04-2020, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Skew was better purely based on his accent.
Yeah but I could never get over a guy playing a girl character. Just weird imo.
Old 11-04-2020, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
If you have a 100 people on standby and they all contribute to killing a thing, they're equally valuable, because this is a game not a job. People who volunteer to spend more time playing the game are just people who volunteer to spend more time playing the game. Losers if I was the judging sort, but I'm a nice person.
I agree with you in principal, but this categorically just isn’t how it looks in today’s p99 - you and I, and anyone reading, know this.

Leadership calls out how much DPS the guild needs to sustain at certain intervals, feelings get hurt, and ultimately people are told the same things: don’t bring your SK, don’t bring your Mage, don’t need your Shaman - bring your DPS, or plan to hear bitching about you and your playing in discord and/or behind your back. This is reason(s) #1-19 of why people like me, who have donated money to the server and spent time making pals with folks, just get fed up and leave. Raiding is not a casual enterprise, and unless you’re an endgame tank, compétant healer, or enjoy looking at a mobs asshole all day, you’re often told “GiT gUD”
Old 11-04-2020, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
When 90% of the encounters are 1) Tank. 2) everyone on a shared cleric running spam CHs. 3) Make sure bard is in cleric group. Yes, yes your value to a RAID is your dps.

Wanna run 3-man or 2-man GWurm farms? Yeah, now we're talking about some actual playing of the game. Otherwise it's "everyone get on the shared rogue, shared cleric, and lets melt these dragons. Failure to achieve victory will result in more passive aggressive reminding of how many shareds were not logged in"
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-04-2020, 05:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:

2-3 man gwurm farms? You sure you dont want to join kittens? We actually "play" the game lol
Old 11-04-2020, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarauderOHHYEAH [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2-3 man gwurm farms? You sure you dont want to join kittens? We actually "play" the game lol
I got a few toons in Kittens, yeah you guys have been a fun bunch =)
Closed Thread